The King Must Die

by Mary Renault | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by irishajo of Indianapolis, Indiana USA on 11/3/2004
Journal Entry 1 by irishajo from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Wednesday, November 03, 2004
Book Description

Bringing Greek mythology to life this book and its sequel, The Bull from the Sea, tell of the amazing adventures of Theseus, famous for slaying the Minotaur, defeating the Amazons and rescuing Persephone from the underworld.

Journal Entry 2 by irishajo from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Monday, January 03, 2005
Reserved for CarrieLS for postage.

Journal Entry 3 by CarrieLS from San Diego, California USA on Sunday, January 30, 2005
rec'd in the mail. Thank you! Look forward to this read. :)

Journal Entry 4 by CarrieLS from San Diego, California USA on Thursday, June 09, 2005
am reading this now and I like it so far. I'm a bit lost though, I haven't heard of this legend before, which I think is a good thing. I have no expectations for it. :) The main char has a sarcastic slant which I enjoy.

Journal Entry 5 by CarrieLS from San Diego, California USA on Sunday, July 03, 2005
Just finished reading this book today. I enjoyed the story of Theseus, which I was not familiar with until this book. The main character grew on me during the course of the tale. I found him charming and compelling. Funny in a way also. The first person narrative does a lot to flesh out his character. Interesting to see the king emerge from the boy and in the way of Greek myths the Gods and their mystery are never far away. I want to read the other books by her now too! Thank you for the read!! :) I'll be looking for a new BC home for Theseus! Carrie

Journal Entry 6 by CarrieLS from San Diego, California USA on Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Finally! I found this book on a wishlist on Cliff's site. :D Sending this as a RABK to DreamSE22. I hope you enjoy it! I did. Happy reading.

Journal Entry 7 by DreamworldBooks from Brooklyn, New York USA on Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Wow! I can't tell you how much this made my day. :) Its been a while since I received a true RABCK! Thanks so much CarrieLS!
I had this book on my wish list because it was featured on my Book Lover's 2006 tear-a-page-a-day calender. The description sounded so intriguing, and I have actually been keeping my eyes out for it since I listed it on my wish list, so thank you! :) What a pleasant surprise.

Journal Entry 8 by DreamworldBooks from Brooklyn, New York USA on Monday, July 10, 2006
Unfortunately, I couldn't really get into this book. Its not that it was necessarily bad, but I'm a bit weary of Greek mythology for the time being, especially after recently watching the movies Troy and Alexander! I have a few other books by Mary Renault covering related material, and I haven't been able to generate any interest from those either, so I'll be passing those along too.

Oh well, thanks for sharing! I'll continue to pass this one along. :)

Journal Entry 9 by DreamworldBooks at Book Relay in Book Relay, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (8/15/2006 UTC) at Book Relay in Book Relay, Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

Sending off to lauraloo29 as part of a relay...more books to come soon! :)

Journal Entry 10 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Arrived in my own private bookbox today (9 books in total). Thank you!

Journal Entry 11 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, August 16, 2013
I'm struggling with this book. It feels like something I would like to read, but I feel like I'm running uphill. Its exhausting. :) I shall find a new home for it.

Journal Entry 12 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/15/2014 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as a RABCK to elpis. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by elpis at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece on Thursday, February 20, 2014
arrived safe and sound although it was a bit late! :) thank you!