To Kill a Mockingbird

by Harper Lee | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingLsquaredwing of Sandpoint, Idaho USA on 11/3/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingLsquaredwing from Sandpoint, Idaho USA on Wednesday, November 03, 2004
This novel has it all...one of the 10 to take with you if you're left on a deserted island.

"The unforgettable novel of a childhood in a sleepy southern US town and the crisis of conscience that rocked it, To Kill A Mockingbird became both an instant bestseller and a critical success when it was first published in 1960. It went on to win the Pulitzer Prize in 1961, and was later made into an Academy Award winning film, which also became a classic." (from the back cover)

Journal Entry 2 by Skyring from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, April 30, 2005
One of those life-changing novels. There's just so much to think about in what is seemingly just a story about life in small town America.

I was very pleased to pick up this copy at the 2005 Bookcrossing Convention in Fort Worth.

Journal Entry 3 by Skyring from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, May 03, 2005
And the winner of the Australia New Zealand Sweepstakes is

BookFairy65

Every person in the sweepstakes gets to send a book to Bookfairy, whose house disappears under an avalanche of books!

Congratulations, dear! Glad it's you and not me!

Please accept this book from the home of Bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 4 by bookfairy65 from Yass, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Thanks skyring for sending this. Hard to believe I've got this far in life without reading this classic, I'm glad you chose this book for me!

Journal Entry 5 by bookfairy65 from Yass, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, July 12, 2005
This is such a beautifully written story, it is no wonder it was awarded a Pulitzer Prize. The characters are original and Harper Lee brings them to life in a way seldom seen. I loved Atticus and his children, also loved Boo Radley and Dill. This is just a wonderful read and I'm still wondering why I've never read it before now.

Thanks again for the opportunity to read this classic Skyring (and Lsquared). I'm going to reserve this book for the winner of the next sweepstakes (to be drawn next Monday) because I don't think I could bear to wild release this book!

Journal Entry 6 by bookfairy65 at on Monday, July 18, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (7/18/2005 UTC) at

Released to the winner of the 4th Aust/NZ Sweeps, congratulations!

Journal Entry 7 by goodthinkingmax from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, July 19, 2005
This is a book I had to read in early high school and I remember not liking it much at all. Will be interesting to see if I feel any different 20+ years later.

Journal Entry 8 by goodthinkingmax from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, July 09, 2007
Having a cleanup and must face the truth that I cannot read everything in my house! Going to release at the Sydney meetup tonight.

Released 12 yrs ago (7/10/2007 UTC) at Edinburgh Castle Hotel, Pitt St in Sydney CBD, New South Wales Australia

Journal Entry 10 by tycho-brahe from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Probably caught this at the meetup two years ago (sorry no journal entry).

Anyway finally read it. Loved it. A classic examination of racism in the Southern US,
from a child's point of view. Studied this in high school, wasn't ready, doubt I even
read all of it. I should I would still hate the way the did/have to taught/teach it.

This book is certainly worth revisiting as an adult.
The US certainly was and still is a richly complex society
with "the very best and the very worst"
(to miss-paraphrase and rip-off some song writer/poet whose name I can't recall).

Journal Entry 11 by tycho-brahe at Crown Hotel, Elizabeth St in Sydney CBD, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/10/2009 UTC) at Crown Hotel, Elizabeth St in Sydney CBD, New South Wales Australia

To be released at meetup.

Released 10 yrs ago (3/10/2009 UTC) at Crown Hotel/Upstairs Library Bar in Sydney, New South Wales Australia

Picked this up as an orphan at the last meetup. I thought I'd bring it back for another chance

Journal Entry 13 by Littlemave from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Picked up at book drinks tonight. Havent caught up with everyone for ages, so that was good. =)
I already re-read this book recently but will pass it on. Everyone should read it!

Journal Entry 14 by Littlemave at St Augustine's Centre in Hawthorn, Victoria Australia on Sunday, May 24, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/23/2009 UTC) at St Augustine's Centre in Hawthorn, Victoria Australia

I left this on a table full of leaflets while at a workshop this weekend.

Welcome to Bookcrossing.com! Thank you for picking up my book and coming to the website. You have found a worldwide community of book lovers, readers and sharers. =)
Please make a comment as to how you found the book, and what you thought of it, and if you decide to join, please consider using me, littlemave, as your referring member.
Happy Reading.