The Cat Who Saw Red

by Lilian Jackson Braun | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Tribefan of Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on 11/3/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, November 03, 2004
Something is amiss at Maus Haus. Not just the mystery of an unsolved "suicide" which hangs over the old mansion, but something ominous in the present-day residence. When Qwilleran moves in to work on his new gastronomical assignment, strange things begin to happen. First it's a scream in the night, then a vanishing houseboy. But when his old girlfriend disappears, something has to be done. Qwilleran, Koko and Yum Yum set out to solve the mystery--and find a murderer!

Journal Entry 2 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, November 23, 2004
I think this is the best of the Cat Who book I have read to date (which is most of them!)!!!

Journal Entry 3 by Tribefan at N/A in Mailed via media mail, A Trade -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, December 05, 2004
Released on Monday, December 06, 2004 at about 2:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at N/A in Mailed via media mail, A Trade Controlled Releases.

Sending to SandDanz in New Albany, Indiana. Enjoy the books!

Journal Entry 4 by SandDanz from New Albany, Indiana USA on Monday, December 13, 2004
received from Tribefan in exchange for postage

Forgot I was getting this one and accidentally picked it up the other day so this one is available for trade.

Released on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 at about 2:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Sent via media mail at New Albany, IN post office in Mailed to another BC member, a fellow bookcrosser Controlled Releases.

sent to Lizabeth86 en route to Kislany as part of a relay

Thanks Lizabeth86 for putting this along with the others in Kislany's M-Bag! :)

Journal Entry 6 by Kislany on Friday, May 13, 2005
Thanks Sand for the book!

Update - reserved for trade with libertine101

Sending it on. Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 8 by libertine101 from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Monday, June 27, 2005
This one was on my wishlist.
Thanks Kislany. And thanks for the stickers too. :)

Journal Entry 9 by libertine101 from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, November 29, 2008
I have read a few fom this series and have to agree, its probably the best one I have read so far. I enjoy the humour, the cats and the human characters. Not to mention the settings. The quintessential cozy mystery series.
I will now be sending this book along to pinkbug1.

Journal Entry 10 by libertine101 at controlled release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (12/2/2008 UTC) at controlled release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Posted off to pinkbug1 as part of a trade.
Going by Sea Mail so it will take a few months to arrive.

Journal Entry 11 by pinkbug1 from Monterey, California USA on Wednesday, December 17, 2008
just got from Libertine101, took no time at all! =0)

Journal Entry 12 by pinkbug1 at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, February 20, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/18/2009 UTC) at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland

Mailed to Chania as the winner for Birthday Month RABCK!!!! I hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by wingChaniawing from Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, March 06, 2009
Thanks so much! Thank you also for the lovely card and bookmark!
I will read this soon, it is really great to get to read these older "cat who-books" in the series!

Journal Entry 14 by wingChaniawing from Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, March 27, 2009
Delightful! One of the best "Cat who's" I've read so far. With one problem... I was hungry most of the time, reading about delicious meals :D

Journal Entry 15 by wingChaniawing from Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Sending this to Piiku, as a part of my holiday-rabck!

Journal Entry 16 by wingPiikuwing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, May 31, 2009
The book is here, thank you Chania! This is my first The Cat Who... -book, and I really look forward reading it.

Journal Entry 17 by wingPiikuwing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, March 28, 2010
I'm sending this book to someone who has it on her wishlist. Congratulations for the winner of "March sweepstakes"!

Journal Entry 18 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Received with thanks. Meow!

Journal Entry 19 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 17, 2010
This was my second The Cat Who book and I think I enjoyed this even more than the first one I read (The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern). The characters are such a funny collection of people and the cats are just wonderful. A lovely, cozy detective story. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 20 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 17, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/18/2010 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

The book's now off to dutch-book who won the Crime/Thriller Sweepstake. Congrats!

Journal Entry 21 by dutch-book from Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, May 20, 2010
Thanks Annimanni. I've never before read a The cat who-book, but I understand this is part of a serie. Then I must buy the other ones too. Thanks!

Journal Entry 22 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, December 31, 2014
A funny, amusing, cozy and short book. Perfect to read when you're waiting for the new year to roll in.

Journal Entry 23 by dutch-book at BC Meeting 2015 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, July 05, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (7/5/2015 UTC) at BC Meeting 2015 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

At the meeting.

Journal Entry 24 by bookguide at Wijchen, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, July 06, 2015
I picked this up at the annual Dutch Unconvention (though it's not officially called that) in Castricum, held in a café literally on the beach. I keep hearing how good her 'Cat Who...' series and I happened to have one in Dutch on this month's bookshelf, 'De kat die kleur bekende'. Turns out this is the original English of that one, so I can save that to release at a meeting or in the bookhouse I'm getting soon.

It's lovely to see this book is so well-travelled and has been through the hands of people I "know" from the forum and/or Goodreads. *waves at Tribefan, libertine101, Chania, Annimanni and, of course, dutch-book*

Journal Entry 25 by bookguide at Wijchen, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 24, 2019
I started reading this in Denmark last year, but didn’t get round to writing a review. If I find my notes, I’ll add them later. I know I enjoyed it because I made a mental note to read more of this series, should I come across them. In fact, I was sorely tempted to buy more at a wonderful secondhand bookshop I came across in Copenhagen.

Released 2 mos ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

To be edited later.
This book has been released as part of the following BookCrossing challenges:
- The Ultimate Challenge - read and release books, with extra points for a monthly theme
- Reduce Mount TBR (To Be Read) - read and release books on the TBR list since before the end of 2014. My reading goal is 36 books.
- 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die Challenge. 2015 goal: 15.

Journal Entry 27 by wingTaryawing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, April 27, 2019
And now the book will travel back to Finland! 😄 I took it today from the huge book buffet of the BookCrossing Anniversary Convention in Mainz. Thanks for the book, bookguide!

PS. Greetings to Chania, Piiku ja Annimanni!