Wild Orchids

by Karen Robards | Romance |
Registered by skindeep of Abilene, Texas USA on 10/31/2004
Journal Entry 1 by skindeep from Abilene, Texas USA on Sunday, October 31, 2004
This book is scheduled for release on Nov. 5 at my new resale shop in Abilene, Tx named A to Z Home Furnishings & More (855 Butternut). Details about trading policies will be available on that date. I am currently registering 500 books as a target release to announce my official crossing zone. Check back for pics of the Bookcrossing section and add me to your friend list to keep posted on how the crossing zone is shaping up.

Journal Entry 2 by skindeep from Abilene, Texas USA on Monday, December 27, 2004
reserved for mamawolfie

Journal Entry 3 by leftskindeepOCZ from Abilene, Texas USA on Monday, January 03, 2005

Journal Entry 4 by mamawolfie from Colony, Kansas USA on Tuesday, January 04, 2005
Thanks for the book!

Released 14 yrs ago (3/31/2005 UTC) at Postal Release in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

BookRelay

Journal Entry 6 by Sidney1220 from McLean, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 05, 2005
Received in the mail today. Thanks...

5/21/05 Offered on contemporary romance bookrelay. Will probably read before release.

5/26/05 Accepted by faeriemyst.

Journal Entry 7 by Sidney1220 from McLean, Virginia USA on Thursday, June 16, 2005
He wanted her hungry- hot and wild, burning with desire for him. She wanted him forever.

All her young life Lora Harding had dreamed of a man whose touch would teach her passion. Then suddenly, on a Mexican vacation, there he was...in her car...holding a gun to her head! The most attractive man she had ever laid eyes on was kidnapping her!

He called himself Max. A soldier of fortune, dark eyed and fierce looking, he was a man on the run, forcing Lora to help his outlawed rescue missions. Lora was both terrified and entranced by his presence. But in a lush jungle hideout high in the mountains, her fear melted into liquid fire when her captor crushes her creamy curve to his body with iron-hard arms, claimed the honey-sweetness of her lips, and tormented her with the sweet promise of ecstasy- and total surrender...

______________________________________________________________________________

When I read that the copyright date of this book was 1986, I had an inkling of what to expect, and I was right. This book is typical 80's escapist fare, complete with an over-the-top plot, a nasty hero (at least he started out that way), and a doormat heroine ready to swoon in the hero's arms whenever he'd so much as look at her. Still, I enjoyed this book to a certain degree as a guilty pleasure. The writing wasn't that bad, and the hero did improve over time. It would have gotten a much higher grade from me had the hero done some major grovelling at the end.

Journal Entry 8 by Sidney1220 from McLean, Virginia USA on Monday, June 20, 2005
Mailed today. Enjoy...

Journal Entry 9 by faeriemyst from Marietta, Ohio USA on Friday, June 24, 2005
Received from fellow BX'er via BookRelay.com, thanks so much! :o)

Journal Entry 10 by faeriemyst from Marietta, Ohio USA on Tuesday, September 06, 2005
This is a fun and adventurous book! At first I thought that I wouldn't like it because the hero was really a jerk (which is an understatement) in the beginning, but he got better and wasn't quite so gruff. For such an unlikely event, I thought Lora grew realistically in the book and was a great heroine. This book kind of reminded me of Romancing of the Stone in some ways, though it was way different. Very good read if you want some action with your romance.

Journal Entry 11 by faeriemyst from Marietta, Ohio USA on Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Reserved for my very first bookbox, "Romantic Escape Bookbox"
Everyone needs a little bit of whimsy in their life!

Enjoy! :o)

Journal Entry 12 by kamalamalama from Mountain View, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, November 23, 2005
took out of Romantic Escape BB

Journal Entry 13 by kamalamalama from Mountain View, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, June 13, 2006
i thought this looked interesting when I took it out of the BB, but just couldnt get into it...So I'm putting it on rsv. so I can release for Well Travelled Challenge.

Journal Entry 14 by kamalamalama at in the wild in Hilo, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (6/14/2006 UTC) at in the wild in Hilo, Hawaii USA

Releasing for cnfotp Well Travelled Challenge2006.