The Rising

by Brian Keene | Horror | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0843952016 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingjarewing of Port Richey, Florida USA on 10/31/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Sunday, October 31, 2004
This was recently recommended to me on Horrorlit as a good "end of the world" book, so I ran out and got a copy (trust me, recommendations from that group are always tops).

Cover blurb:

Nothing stays dead for long. The dead are returning to life, intelligent, determined...and very hungry. Escape seems impossible for Jim Thurmond, one of the few left alive in this nightmare world. But Jim's young son is also alive and in grave danger hundreds of miles away. Despite astronomical odds, Jim vows to find him--or die trying.

Joined by an elderly preacher, a guilt-ridden scientist and an ex-prostitute, Jim sets out on a cross-country rescue mission. Together they must battle both the living and the living dead.... and the even greater evil that awaits them at the end of their journey...

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Friday, February 26, 2010
Excellent story! This book blew me away. Demonic (in a sense) zombies, thinking zombies with a shared purpose... way scarier than your run-of-the-mill rigor mortis brain-eaters. The more of Keene's work I read, the higher up on my list of faves he climbs!

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing at Motor Vehicle Division in Belen, New Mexico USA on Friday, February 26, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (2/26/2010 UTC) at Motor Vehicle Division in Belen, New Mexico USA

Left just outside the entrance on a wall. Enjoy!

Released for my 2010 Chills & Spills Read & Release challenge, February's theme is zombies!