Breakfast of Champions

by Kurt Vonnegut | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 10/30/2004
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, October 30, 2004
Another 2nd-hand Vonnegut to add to my to-be-reads; i'm slowly working my way through his back catalogue

(13/01) Review to follow

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, January 14, 2005
Q. Does Kurt Vonnegut write quirky insightful post-modern novels about the human condition; the relationship between art and the artist; and the excesses of American society? Or, is he just completely mad?

A. Darned if I know!

...but I enjoy his books, almost despite the efforts of Vonnegut to confuse, disorientate & confuscate. They are unique. They defy categorisation or explanation, as KV is most likely to say, "And so on."

Book cover quote; "A great deal of wit and playfulness...an entire universe of disorder is distilled"

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan at on Monday, January 24, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (1/24/2005 UTC) at

On its way to TimTheMed. Enjoy...

Journal Entry 4 by TimTheMed from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, January 27, 2005
Thanks for 'Breakfast' Tony. Vonnegut was one of my favourite Sci-Fi authors in my youth. (Although he wasn't really Sci-Fi in the conventional sense of the word.)

I'm looking forward to re-reading it.