A Clockwork Orange

by Anthony Burgess | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by sandyundead of Bydgoszcz, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Poland on 10/22/2004
Journal Entry 1 by sandyundead from Bydgoszcz, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Poland on Friday, October 22, 2004
This was a free book from the Independent and will join my Mount TBR.
Blurb
Fifteen-year-old Alex doesn't just like ultra-violence - he also enjoys rape, drugs and Beethoven's Ninth. He and his gang rampage through a dystopian future, hunting for terrible thrills. But when Alex finds himself at the mercy of the state and subject to the ministrations of Dr Brodsky, the government psychologist, he discovers that fun is no longer the order of the day...
The basis for one of the most notorious films ever made, A Clockwork Orange is both a virtuoso performance from an electrifying stylist and a serious exploration of the morality of free will.

Journal Entry 2 by sandyundead from Bydgoszcz, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Poland on Monday, November 29, 2004
This was a fascinating book, once I had got through the first couple of chapters. The number of made up words was quite intimidating, but with perserverance I find I am thinking them instead of normal English words (!) and that the book became a lot easier to read. It is quite violent, but also full of morals (although not in an off-putting way). A very well written book.

Released on Monday, November 29, 2004 at about 7:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at OBCZ - Bayley Room at Collingwood College in durham, England United Kingdom.

In box in the Bayley Room

Journal Entry 4 by sandyundead from Bydgoszcz, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Poland on Wednesday, February 09, 2005
This book has been caught and not journalled from my OBCZ.

Journal Entry 5 by cqolesen on Wednesday, June 22, 2005
This is a though one to get into with all the made-up words, so i just haven't really gotten started yet. Plan to do so over the summer.