Vampyrrhic Rites

by Simon Clark | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0340819405 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingjarewing of Port Richey, Florida USA on 10/19/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Tuesday, October 19, 2004
I absolutely loved the first book, and was floored when I saw this copy available on bookcloseouts.com as it has yet to be released here in the States! Happy book dance indeed! Will be ringing around some other horror fans when I finish this one!

Cover blurb:

Lazarus Deep is a lake that sits like a blot of darkness in the valley.

Eighteen-year-old Dylan Adams is on the verge of leaving his hometown for a life in the city, but his plans are dramatically changed when his old school friend Luke Spencer goes missing. A search finds nothing. All anyone knows is that he was last seen at Lazarus Deep. Then, in the dead of night, Dylan's old friend comes calling. But he's not the same boy that everyone once knew.

Once more, David Leppington, BErnice Mochardi, and Electra Charnwood are drawn together to face the vampiric creatures that are Nosferatu: the undead. The desolate North Yorkshire Moors have held their secret for more than a thousand years. Now it is the turn of Lazarus Deep.

This is no beauty spot, and bathing is strictly prohibited.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Saturday, December 16, 2006
Better than the first! This was a great book, kept me on edge, which I just love in a horror story. My fourth Clark book, I really enjoyed three of them, the other didn't hold my interest at all. Safe to say I am a Clark fan though.

This book picked up a few years after the last one. Our heroes have gone their separate ways, but have lately been plagued by strange dreams of Jack Black. Electra still runs the station hotel, and is noticing ominous signs that indicate the vampires are back. When she finally has proof, she rings David, and he and Bernice show up to help, and end up in a massive battle of the gods themselves.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing at Towne Park Plaza on Eubank S of I-40 in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, December 23, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (12/23/2006 UTC) at Towne Park Plaza on Eubank S of I-40 in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Will leave at the gas pumps in front of Sam's. Happy Holidays!!