The Eyre Affair: A Novel

by Jasper Fforde | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0142001805 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Booknose of Henryville, Indiana USA on 10/14/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Booknose from Henryville, Indiana USA on Thursday, October 14, 2004
Duplicate of this little gem of a book.
This is an awesome series that I just adore!
Thursday is the coolest little kick butt girl I have met this year..
I am sending this one to a friend from a yahoo group.

Journal Entry 2 by Booknose at Mail in By Mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 17, 2004

Released 15 yrs ago (10/17/2004 UTC) at Mail in By Mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sending to Brenda in FL.in trade for Cravings.. Thanks for the trade Brenda!! Take your time with Cravings..

Journal Entry 3 by scarlett1968 from Jacksonville, Florida USA on Thursday, January 20, 2005
I thought I had "caught" this back when I received it. Yes, I suck. :) Am about 100 pages into it now.

Journal Entry 4 by scarlett1968 from Jacksonville, Florida USA on Saturday, January 22, 2005
Different and unique, but I had a hard time staying interested in this one. I may re-read it when I have less on my mind and see how it sits with me then. :)

Journal Entry 5 by scarlett1968 at a fellow bookcrosser in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (3/1/2005 UTC) at a fellow bookcrosser in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania USA

Sending to wildfaerie to replace the copy she lost. :)

Journal Entry 6 by WildeFaerie from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, March 06, 2005
Generously received from Scarlett after I accidentally "released" my copy! Thank you so much!

Released 15 yrs ago (6/20/2005 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Mailed today to tempestsans! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by tempestsans from Canton, Georgia USA on Sunday, June 26, 2005
received as an RABCK from WildeFaerie who found my desire to read it on cliffs wish list! thanks WildeFaerie and happy vacationing!

UPDATE: 7/3/2005 - have finished reading and thoroughly enjoyed this one! i'll put it out here on my available for a bit and if nobody asks for it then may wild release.

Released 15 yrs ago (7/18/2005 UTC) at fellow bookcrossing member in By Mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

sending to lolamarie as an RABCK in celebration of my 500th registered and 2 wild releases journaled in one weekend!

Journal Entry 10 by lolamarie from Bozeman, Montana USA on Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Received today. Thanks for the RABCK tempestsans!

Journal Entry 11 by lolamarie from Bozeman, Montana USA on Friday, September 09, 2005
Sent to pashmack. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by pashmack from Lake Worth, Florida USA on Thursday, September 15, 2005
Arrived in the mail today from lolamarie. Thanks so very much. Once I'm finished, I'll check the wish lists to see if another BCer might like to read it.

Journal Entry 13 by pashmack from Lake Worth, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 08, 2005
It took awhile for me to get into this book, but once hooked, I found it delightfully entertaining. The names were quite fun- I had to chuckle every time I read the name "Braxton Hicks". At times, the book reminded me of The Phantom Tollbooth. I look forward to reading more of Fforde's books. This one will be sent off to another BCer who has it on her wish list.

Journal Entry 14 by Dusties from Pompey, New York USA on Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Boy, I had thought I journaled this one when I rec'd it.. but no entry!! Very strange! This was a great book! I actually ended up with 2. This one will be starting a bookring... and will start it's travel overseas this week, on the slow boat.

Bookring mailing order...
Blue denotes where the book is.. or headed.

Molekilby-BRITHDIR, Wales United Kingdom - Can ship anywhere- Mailed 2/7/07
Cross-Patch-Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom Prefers UK shipping.
Nawoo82-Le Mans, Pays de la Loire France moving soon to the UK - Can ship anywhere
Sugaryfun-Brisbane, Queensland Australia - Can ship anywhere- Has asked to be skipped. Nawoo82 is PMing Hetku.
Hetku77-Nokia, Pirkanmaa Finland

Hetku77 may pass the book along in whatever manner she wishes after she is finished with the book.

Red-Ram was removed for stalling another of my rings.

Journal Entry 15 by molekilby from Brithdir, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Received today, many thanks Dusties for sending on. I will read this next after my current read.

Journal Entry 16 by molekilby from Brithdir, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Enjoyed this immensly, although it took a while to get into the parallel state that Fforde has created. Although particularly touched by the thought of a Welsh Republic.

Thanks for sharing, this will be posted to Cross-Patch by the Weekend.

Journal Entry 17 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Received today. Thank you, dusties and molekilby.

Journal Entry 18 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 13, 2007
It was such fun. I loved this new to me character, Thursday Next, and shall look out for the rest of the series.

I have Nawoo82's address and I shall take this to the post tomorrow. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 19 by nawoo82 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, May 21, 2007
Got it last week but didn't have access to the internet.
I started reading it in the week-end and I'm already caught in the story!
Thanks for passing this on cross-patch.

Journal Entry 20 by nawoo82 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, May 29, 2007
I love this book! I really enjoyed reading it and got in the story very easily. I like this alternative 1985's England where books are so important that an entire Special Operations' division is dedicated to them. Like for cross-patch, it got me interested in reading the rest of the series.

Will send it to Sugaryfun as soon as I get her address.

Journal Entry 21 by nawoo82 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Send by Airmail to Hektu77 as of yesterday.
Hope it makes a safe and fast travel to Finland!

Journal Entry 22 by winghetku77wing at Nokia, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, October 25, 2013
15.6.2007 The book has arrived, thank you nawoo82!

25.10.2013 This is the first book I've ever read by Fforde. I've heard so many praises about his books, so I suppose my expectations were high. The story happening in a parallel universe did take some time to get used to and first I thought my reading habits and likes were too traditional to appreciate his books. After about 100 pages I got pass all that weirness and started to enjoy the story. In general I'n not into detective stories or the like, but in the end I liked this book.

Journal Entry 23 by lunatum at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Friday, November 01, 2013
When I got home from a working trip, the book was waiting for me. Thanks!

Journal Entry 24 by lunatum at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Friday, January 02, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (12/30/2015 UTC) at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland

This book was on many wish lists. I sent it forward as rabck. The release is part of Sanatarkkaan 4 -game.

Journal Entry 25 by bradgirl at Saltaire, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 18, 2015
Thanks very much for sending me this book which was on my wish list! I really look forward to reading it and am going to start it straight away!!

Journal Entry 26 by bradgirl at Saltaire, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 06, 2015
I enjoyed this book. It took a little bit of getting used to the alternative world but once I did, I really liked it. Will make available and try and pass it on to another bookcrosser.