Witness in Death (Eve Dallas Mysteries)

by J. D. Robb | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingkayotewing of Champaign, Illinois USA on 10/20/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingkayotewing from Champaign, Illinois USA on Wednesday, October 20, 2004
I picked this up at the Champaign County Humane Society sale (every Memorial Day weekend!) along with WAY too many books for me to consider reading them all! (I am building this series, so sometime I'll be able to read it anyway, just a different copy. :))

Trading to meshe for Black Feathers : Erotic Dreams.

Journal Entry 2 by meshe from Bonaire, Georgia USA on Tuesday, October 26, 2004
received in today's mail via trade with kayote. your book was mailed out on Friday.

Journal Entry 3 by meshe from Bonaire, Georgia USA on Tuesday, June 20, 2006
another Eve Dallas down, (how many to go????). Enjoyed this one as it showed another facet of Dallas's personality. Great little twist at the end, didn't see that one coming!

07/19/2006---reserved for Mystery VBB

FROM THE PUBLISHER
Opening night at New York's New Globe Theater turns from stage scene to crime scene when the leading man is stabbed to death center stage. Now Eve Dallas has a high profile, celebrity homicide on her hands. Not only is she lead detective, she's also a witness - and when the press discovers that her husband owns the theater, there's more media spotlight than either can handle. The only way out is to move fast. Question everyone and everything . . . and in the meantime, try to tell the difference between the truth - and really good acting.

Journal Entry 4 by meshe from Bonaire, Georgia USA on Thursday, July 12, 2007
mailed to AceofHearts from the Mystery VBB at Bookobsessed.com

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 18, 2007
received in the mail today. I took this out of the Mystery VBB

Journal Entry 6 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Eve Dallas is enjoying a rare night out with her husband Roarke at the theater. The leading man is stabbed right in front of the audience. Eve not only is the cop in charge but also a witness. She has a whole audience full of witnesses.

I loved all the twists and turns in this book. Another in a great series. Bring on the next one!

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Reading now!

Journal Entry 8 by HoserLauren at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, June 25, 2010
Lieutenant Eve Dallas is back for another ".. In Death" book. This time she's taking in a play with her husband Roarke when a fake knife is swapped out for a real knife and the lead male character is killed. Everyone on stage and behind the scenes is a suspect as Eve learns what a womanizer the victim was. Everyone seems to have motive but the situation becomes even more serious when the stage organizer is also murdered. The cast believe bad things happen in threes, can Even find the killer before anyone else is murdered?

Despite this book being the tenth (I think) in the series, the chemistry between Roarke and Even doesn't get old, neither does the banter between Eve and her aid Peabody. I'd like to see them bring in Trueheart, the rookie, more in the upcoming books and move a relationship up to the next level. A baby for someone (Eve or Mavis maybe?).

As always, looking forward to the next one.

Journal Entry 9 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 27, 2010
This book is back with me

Journal Entry 10 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 18, 2011
mailed today to iliotropio who took this out of the Everybook VBB

Journal Entry 11 by iliotropio at Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Sunday, May 22, 2011
Arrived safely thanks to AceofHearts :0)

Journal Entry 12 by iliotropio at Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Sunday, May 29, 2011
Reserved for the Mystery VBB in bookobsessed.com