Guards! Guards!

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by tombking of Seattle, Washington USA on 10/9/2004
Journal Entry 1 by tombking from Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, October 9, 2004
The guards of Ankh Morpork hunt dragons!

Journal Entry 2 by tombking at Cloud City Coffee 8801 Roosevelt Way NE in Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, October 9, 2004

Released 17 yrs ago (10/9/2004 UTC) at Cloud City Coffee 8801 Roosevelt Way NE in Seattle, Washington USA

Journal Entry 3 by rwhe from Kent, Washington USA on Sunday, October 10, 2004
I picked this book up at the wonderful Cloud City Coffee in the Maple Leaf neighbourhood of Seattle, which, it turns out, is a BookCrossing nexus.

I've recently been reading a lot of SF writer Connie Willis, but had to put down _Passage_ because I found it depressing and because I was squeamish about the hospital setting and near-death-experience premise. I have more than enough non-fiction to read right now, but my fiction shelf is bare. After putting down _Passage_, some light fiction is welcome. I've read _The Colour of Magic_ and enjoyed it -- and how could I resist the title, _Guards! Guards!_ ? Sounds as though a few sacred cows of the genre are going to be spitted...

I'll report back when I'm done with the book.

Journal Entry 4 by rwhe at Cloud City Coffee 8801 Roosevelt Way NE in Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, September 15, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (9/14/2005 UTC) at Cloud City Coffee 8801 Roosevelt Way NE in Seattle, Washington USA

Fun fun fun. The eighth Discworld book introduces a new cast of characters.

On its way again!