Cosmic Banditos

by A.C. Weisbecker | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0451203062 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Mytilus of Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on 10/8/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Mytilus from Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Friday, October 08, 2004
Mr Quark is a down-on-his-luck pot smuggler hiding out in the mountains of Columbia with his dog, High Pockets, and a band of small banditos led by the irascible Jose. Only months before, these three and their fearless associates were rolling in millions in cash and high-grade marijuana, eluding prosecution on "ridiculously false" drug and terrorism charges. But times have quickly grown lean, and to liven up their exile, Jose decides to mug a family of American tourists.

Among the spoils are physics texts, which launch Mr Quark on a sidesplitting boisterous adventure north to California, where he confronts the owner of the books with his own theories on relativity, the nature of the universe, and looking for the meaning of life in all the wrong places...

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, July 04, 2005
Thanks for this, part of my UnCon 05 goodie bag. I like quirky comedy, well I have since I found Kurt Vonnegut in recent years...and i'm looking forward to the quantum physics lesson as well, and I never did understand Hawking ;)

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, February 27, 2006
Finished this (a few weeks ago) and now my son is reading it. I'll get 'round to a writing a review one of these days :)

Journal Entry 4 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, March 02, 2006
This is a fun gonzo road movie, spaghetti western and guide to quantum physics! The Cosmic Banditos (the author/narrator ‘Mr Quark’, Jose the bandit and High Pockets the dog) reek havoc in a drug & tequila-fuelled odyssey from the jungles of central America to California. There’s not a great deal more that can be explained easily, although it’s neatly summed up at the end of the book;

"When all is said and done, when all the shouting and philosophizing and moralizing is over, I suspect that this tale is simply another example of something."

Voltaire couldn’t have put it better!

Released 13 yrs ago (3/11/2006 UTC) at Caffe Nero IP1 book-crossing zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Taking along to the Ipswich meet-up tomorrow - to share or leave at the OBCZ