The Long Walk

by Stephen King | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 0451196716 Global Overview for this book
Registered by lauraloo29 of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on 10/6/2004
Journal Entry 1 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, October 06, 2004
This was the 2nd Stephen King book I read. I was absolutely fascinated by the very real, yet subtle horror of this book.

"Every year on the first day of May, one hundred teenage boys meet for an event known throughout the country as "The Long Walk." Among this year's chosen crop is sixteen-year-old Ray Garraty. He knows the rules: that warnings are issued if you fall under speed, stumble, sit down. That after three warnings.... you get your ticket. And what happens then serves as a chilling reminder that there can only be one winner in the Walk - the one that survives.

Journal Entry 2 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 28, 2004
Accepted by amambaw as part of the " Horror" Relay
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by amambaw from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, January 23, 2005
Received this book right before my holiday to Hawaii. My boyfriend and I took it with us, and he finished it on the plane.

Jesse said he was rather disappointed with the ending. If I have time, I may read it, although generally I stay away from Stephen King, as I find him long-winded.

Thanks again for the Relay!

Journal Entry 4 by book-spy from Arlington, Alabama USA on Monday, March 28, 2005
I collected this soft cover book, in new good condition. This is a Stephen King book writter under "Backman."

I received this book in a book box, my first!

turn the page,

book-spy

Journal Entry 5 by book-spy at Station Inn - 402 12th Avenue South in Nashville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (6/6/2006 UTC) at Station Inn - 402 12th Avenue South in Nashville, Tennessee USA

After having dental surgery, I released this book. And I see the release location is totally wrong! AND, I hope I am releasing the correct book. I wrote it down, but I lost the paper I had my notes on. I released this book at the Starbucks on 21st Ave - by all the hospitals. It's on a display table.

Good book! Happy Reading!

turn the page,