The Kalahari Typing School for Men

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by peace-filled of Sechelt, British Columbia Canada on 10/3/2004
Journal Entry 1 by peace-filled from Sechelt, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, October 03, 2004
I loved the gentle simplicty of this book.

mailing book to a fellow bookcrosser in USA

Journal Entry 3 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Monday, October 25, 2004
Thanks for this book, Pedo. I've been meaning to start reading this series since I've heard so much about it. Now I have no excuse not to.

Journal Entry 4 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, November 07, 2004
This book was just as good if not better than the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Read it in a day. It's now going to Redhouse.

Journal Entry 5 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Arrived safely this morning. I now have the full set thanks to the reverse wishlist relay!
Many thanks

Journal Entry 6 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, May 14, 2005
A short hop from Felixstowe to Woodbridge in Suffolk, thanks to redhouse for passing this on at our latest Ipswich meet-up.

Journal Entry 7 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 09, 2007
If this series wasn’t about to end (this is the 4th out of a currently published 5) then I would suggest that it should soon. Maybe the lead characters are getting a bit jaded, AMS is also starting to add to Mma Ramotswe’s family and group of acquaintances to plumb for storylines from his (deliberately) limited pallette of locations, times & themes. But...the book still has a unique tempo, feel-good style and a glorious take on human nature; so well worth the entry fee.

ps. I can't believe i've had this so long, many apologies to peace-filled and other peeps. I'm making this 'available' to continue its journey unless anyone tells me differently?</i

Released 12 yrs ago (1/13/2007 UTC) at Caffe Nero IP1 book-crossing zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Going to the Ipswich meet-up tomorrow, probably

Journal Entry 9 by MrsDanvers from Aldeburgh, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Whoops, forgot to journal this immediately and it got lost in a pile.

Journal Entry 10 by MrsDanvers from Aldeburgh, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, September 17, 2007
Sadly I just couldn't get into this book. I don't know whether it is the "voice" or the characters, but it just doesn't gel with me and I've given up after the third attempt. As there are millions of happy readers of McCall Smith it must be me!.

I shall ensure it goes where it can be appreciated.

This should be the place for this book to win friends.

Released 12 yrs ago (10/24/2007 UTC) at Caffe Nero, King's Parade OBCZ in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

Off to meet new friends and travel, via Cambridge OBCZ.

Enjoyed reading this one!

Journal Entry 14 by wingUofB-iLoungewing from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, November 02, 2009
** this is LyzzyBee, masquerading as one of her OBCZs - hello lellie, bgm and anyone else I know! **

Now available on the OBCZ shelf in the iLounge, University of Birmingham Main Library.

If you have picked up this book, thank you for visiting the website, and the iLounge! Please take a moment to let us know you have the book, then post a review when you've read it. When you've finished with the book, pass it on to someone else and help it travel further.

If you join BookCrossing, you, like everyone else who has owned this book so far, will be able to see where it goes next!

Journal Entry 15 by wingUofB-iLoungewing from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 04, 2009
This is no longer in the iLounge OBCZ as of today, so marking it as travelling pending a Journal Entry.