A Good House

by Bonnie Burnard | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jessibud of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 9/27/2004
Journal Entry 1 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 27, 2004
I haven't read this one yet but have heard nothing but good things about it. A Giller Prize winner from 1999. I happen to have 2 copies of it so this one will be registered now, until I get to read the other one....

I am sending this copy to Antof9 to put into her m-bag to moem, in the Netherlands. My Canadian contribution

Journal Entry 2 by wingAntof9wing from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Saturday, October 23, 2004

Journal Entry 3 by wingMoemwing from Zevenaar, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, January 04, 2005
I found this one in Antof9's M-bag. Thank you so much! It will be passed on to another Bookcrosser, or left in an OBCZ.

But I might want to read it first. It looks nice.

Released 13 yrs ago (6/26/2005 UTC) at Strandpaviljoen de Albatros, Zeeweg 10 in Bakkum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Was supposed to be a Bookring, but alas, there is no interest. Am releasing it at a meeting.

Journal Entry 5 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, June 27, 2005
I took this one home with me from the meet-up. I was triggered by the "rich portrait of an ordinary smalltown family from the 1950s to the 1990s."

We'll see.

Journal Entry 6 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Well, I finished it, this story about a family troughout the latter half of the last century, but near the end I became somewhat lost, confusing the Sallys with the Sarahs and the Johns with the Joshes, and there was a Meg and for crying out loud, who the heck was Maggie offspring of? I didn't care much, to be honest. The style of writing was so aloof, more like a list of events in chronological order than a story to immerse yourself in, if you ask me.
Hopefully the next reader will enjoy it better than I did.

Journal Entry 7 by biba89 at Place Verte in Verviers, Liège / Luik Belgium on Thursday, December 22, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (12/24/2005 UTC) at Place Verte in Verviers, Liège / Luik Belgium

Somewhere in the marketplace, preferably somewhere dry.