The Mermaids Singing

by Val McDermid | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by katie1980 of Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on 9/24/2004
Journal Entry 1 by katie1980 from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 24, 2004
Amazon Synopsis:
Gold Dagger Award winning psychological suspense exploring the twisted world of a serial killer from 'Manchester's answer to Thomas Harris' Guardian You always remember the first time. Isn't that what they say about sex? How much more true it is of murder... Up till now, the only serial killers Tony Hill had encountered were safely behind bars. This one's different -- this one's on the loose. In the northern town of Bradfield four men have been found mutilated and tortured. Fear grips the city; no man feels safe. Clinical psychologist Tony Hill is brought in to profile the killer. A man with more than enough sexual problems of his own, Tony himself becomes the unsuspecting target in a battle of wits and wills where he has to use every ounce of his professional nerve to survive. A tense, brilliantly written psychological thriller, The Mermaids Singing explores the tormented mind of a serial killer unlike any the world of fiction has ever seen.

Journal Entry 2 by katie1980 from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 13, 2006
I'm afraid I've admitted defeat on this one, and have realised I'm unlikely to read it, due to all of the other books on my shelf that appeal more to me. I did start trying to read this book but it didn't "grab" me so I put it down in favour of something else. Since then, I've not picked it up again!

So it will now go on a new adventure to nocton4, and will hopefully see some more exciting sights than our bookcase in the spare bedroom! *lol*

Enjoy :o)

Released 13 yrs ago (1/28/2006 UTC) at A fellow bookcrosser in via Royal Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent off from Poole post office yesterday. Enjoy! :o)

Journal Entry 4 by nocton4 from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 02, 2006
Arrived this morning .. thanks very much.
Did you get the dvd I sent ?

Have a great day ... Denise xx

Journal Entry 5 by nocton4 at Normanby Hall Country Park in Normanby, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 10, 2008

Will leave this scary book, somewhere within the grounds of this beautiful Hall.
Happy Hunting.

Journal Entry 6 by nocton4 at Bus Station in Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 11, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (5/13/2008 UTC) at Bus Station in Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Missing releasing at Normanby so leaving in Lincoln instead.

Happy Hunting x