Single White E-mail

by Jessica Adams | Women's Fiction |
Registered by Sunneschii of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 9/24/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Sunneschii from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, September 24, 2004
Description:
'If I ever get rich I’ll bequeath all my money to a fund to set up the 'Victoria Shepworth Total Bloody Relationship Disaster Wing'. All you would have to do after he’s walked out on you is ring an emergency number and a kind of love ambulance would turn up at your door with stretcher men ready to collect you. They’d knock you out with a gigantic injection. When you wake up, you’ll forget you ever knew the man. You won’t even be able to remember what his bottom looked like.'

Move over Bridget Jones, Australia now has its very own angst-ridden, neurotic 30-something single woman who wants to have a white wedding by the time she’s 40. This is a funny, insightful, touching novel that will hit home to anyone who has ever been single.

Victoria ‘Total Bloody Relationship Disaster’ Shepworth has just been dumped by the man she thought was ‘the one’. In desperation she turns to the internet - the only problem is, she has no idea who’s really at the other end. . .

Journal Entry 2 by Sunneschii from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, October 14, 2004
Kommt mit zum Meet-up!

Journal Entry 3 by Wildspitz from Baar, Zug Switzerland on Friday, October 15, 2004
I got the book at yesterday's meetup. Seems like a good book for vacations!

Journal Entry 4 by Wildspitz from Baar, Zug Switzerland on Friday, February 04, 2005
Funny to read, although the characters are rather stereotype and the plot jis quite predictable. I do not want to tell too much, but it is clear soon who is the "right" guy.

Journal Entry 5 by Wildspitz at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (2/8/2005 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

I bring this book to the Meetup in Zürich.
February 10 at 7 pm

Journal Entry 6 by sun-beetle from Stäfa, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, February 10, 2005
Am heutigen meet-up mitgenommen.

Journal Entry 7 by sun-beetle from Stäfa, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, April 25, 2005
An entertaining, humorous piece. This is the better version of Bridget Jones.

Journal Entry 8 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Given to me by sun-beetle at the Cafe Gloria meetup - thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, September 06, 2005
This was an average chick flick novel, but entertaining nevertheless! Some very funny bits about being a single woman and getting a cat...

p.267
"Ages ago, I promised myself that I wasn't allowed to have a cat. Why? Because if you are a single woman and you have a cat, you may as well get a wispy grey bun, a tweed suit, a pair of glasses and start calling yourself Miss Marple. Single woman plus cat equals bad clique. Men are repulsed by it. No, no, no."

Journal Entry 10 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Sending to my sister katethebass as a RABCK.