Pride and Prejudice

by Jane Austen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by luckaye of Crestmead, Queensland Australia on 9/20/2004
Journal Entry 1 by luckaye from Crestmead, Queensland Australia on Monday, September 20, 2004
From a book lot on Ebay

Journal Entry 2 by luckaye from Crestmead, Queensland Australia on Thursday, November 24, 2005
I had been meaning to read this book for ages, and in fact, started a few times, but couldn't get into it. This time I decided to perservere and am glad I did, I can understand why people like this book, though I wouldn't put it as one of my favourites.

Journal Entry 3 by luckaye at Stones Corner Hotel in Stones Corner, Queensland Australia on Saturday, May 20, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (5/20/2006 UTC) at Stones Corner Hotel in Stones Corner, Queensland Australia

Released for the Never Judge a Book by its Cover challenge - week 19.

Journal Entry 4 by erinoc from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, May 21, 2006
I love this one! A real favourite :) Lost my copy a while ago so I was happy to pick this up at the Brisbane meeting. Thanks Luckaye!

Journal Entry 5 by erinoc from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, September 02, 2007
arggh! I've been very naughty keeping this one for so long...Loved it (again) and now will try to get it moving!

Journal Entry 6 by frangipani08 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, September 16, 2007
Picked up today at the meetup at the Brisbane Writer's Festival.

Journal Entry 7 by frangipani08 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Since I realized I have already read this one, I am sending it to crimson-tide with a bookring. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Journal Entry 8 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, October 25, 2007
Despite already having released two copies of this book, and it always coming up in the lists of 'best loved' books or 'books you must read' - I have never actually read it!! Perhaps it will be third time lucky?
Thank you so much frangipani08.

From Amazon.com:
"Elizabeth Bennet is the perfect Austen heroine: intelligent, generous, sensible, incapable of jealousy or any other major sin. That makes her sound like an insufferable goody-goody, but the truth is she's a completely hip character, who if provoked is not above skewering her antagonist with a piece of her exceptionally sharp -- but always polite -- 18th century wit. The point is, you spend the whole book absolutely fixated on the critical question: will Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy hook up?"

Journal Entry 9 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, April 14, 2019
'All's well that ends well' is the crux of this one, with of course a rocky path to traverse in the getting there. Elizabeth Bennett is certainly an unforgettable character, although how she emanated from two such gormless parents is anyone's guess!

Austen has in fact given us a whole stable of memorable characters, presented in her witty, semi-satirical style. It's the interactions between them all which if course make the book.

Journal Entry 10 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup Visitor Centre in Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/11/2019 UTC) at Balingup Visitor Centre in Balingup, Western Australia Australia

On the book swap shelf on the verandah.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Hello and congratulations!  You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.  I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing - maybe even make a journal entry on this book.  You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!)  And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll tell them that crimson-tide referred you.  Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend, or even set it free out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did.  If you do choose to join, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry.  It's all completely confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

I hope you enjoy BookCrossing as much as I do. Happy reading!