Anita and Me

by Meera Syal | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bookfrogster of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 9/1/2004
Journal Entry 1 by bookfrogster from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 01, 2004
This is a fabulous tale of growing up in the Midlands in the 1970's. If you liked the film, you'll love the book. Parts of this are hilarious and parts are very painful. It's a top book.

Journal Entry 2 by bookfrogster at Forrest Road Post Office in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, September 04, 2004

Released 15 yrs ago (9/4/2004 UTC) at Forrest Road Post Office in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

This was going to be a ray, but only one person signed up so it's more like a RABCK. Heading off to molyneux. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by Molyneux from Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 07, 2004
Thanks Bookfrogster! Can't wait to read it - it's a book I've always been meaning to read, especially since I'm originally from the Black Country!....and not too far from Wolverhampton!

Journal Entry 4 by Molyneux from Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 14, 2005
I loved this book - it is so funny & better than the film, although I enjoyed that too! Since I come from the black country myself originally I could actually 'hear' the accent as I read it, & it brought back many memories of my own childhood.

Journal Entry 5 by Molyneux at on Friday, January 14, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (1/14/2005 UTC) at

Will release this in the new OBCZ I am setting up today at the Cherry Tree pub in Steventon, Oxfordshire - it will be on the shelf above the fireplace, which is on the right hand side as you go in.