Bones: A Forensic Detective's Casebook

Registered by Luintaurien of York, Nebraska USA on 8/21/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Saturday, August 21, 2004
To be read

Journal Entry 2 by Luintaurien at OBCZ - The Mill - 800 P Street in Lincoln, Nebraska USA on Friday, April 29, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (4/29/2005 UTC) at OBCZ - The Mill - 800 P Street in Lincoln, Nebraska USA

Journal Entry 3 by wufmama from Lincoln, Nebraska USA on Saturday, April 30, 2005
Caught it at the Mill in Lincoln, Ne, USA on 29 April, 05... to be read, will then be again "released into the wild".

Journal Entry 4 by tabithadarling on Wednesday, May 18, 2005
While Wufmama and I were looking for any characters who might possibly be bookcrossers, I noticed this book in her hand about to be dropped into a bookcrossing box at the Mill, and I quickly snatched it away for myself.

Journal Entry 5 by wufmama from Lincoln, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, May 18, 2005
I was *trying to release back into the wild*...but my friend tabithadarling was with me at the Mill...and grabbed it out of my paws before it could hit the box of released books....LOL...so I guess this counts as a "controlled release" hehehe.

Journal Entry 6 by tabithadarling on Thursday, May 19, 2005
We seem to be struggling a bit getting this to set as not traveling. Next time we'll know better how to do a controlled release. Well maybe--we don't have much control.

Journal Entry 7 by reulte from San Antonio, Texas USA on Saturday, August 06, 2005
Ah! One of my favorite subjects! Thank you Wufmama and Tabithadarling.

(later) An excellent book for forensic anthropology, not so great for people who like an "end" to their story. Many of the unidentified remains, sadly, remain unidentified and so very often that is where the tales in this book trail off. I would have like to known further about some forensic processes such as the skeleton that arrived in a solid block of soil because the investigating police detective wanted the lab to see everything 'in situ' yet nothing more is mentioned about it other than a single paragraph in the book.

On its way to nicolesinger.

Journal Entry 8 by nicolesinger from Newport, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Thanks, reulte!

This looks like fun - some light reading to relax with now that finals are over. (It actually arrived yesterday afternoon, as I was struggling to study for a test and finish a project.) This book already has a great travel history - I'll have to consider carefully where to pass it along when I'm done.

Journal Entry 9 by nicolesinger from Newport, North Carolina USA on Friday, April 21, 2006
I enjoyed this - on the one hand, it might have been interesting to follow certain cases or processes more closely; on the other, it was an interesting dip into the subject and easy to pick up and put down without losing the thread of the book. (And I found that I did put it down, sometimes for days or weeks - it's not one of those books that just won't let go!)

It was especially interesting to encounter cases I'd heard of elsewhere. (Best example I can think of was a man who killed his wife with a hammer and then said she'd been kicked by her horse - Ann Rule did the same case!) It would be interesting to see how new computer processes and advances in DNA testing have affected forensic anthropologists' ability to identify bones. And if the book is ever reprinted, I hope the publishers will update some of the unidentified victims.

The book is AVL for trade or release.

Update - this book was sent to KarmelK for the Well-Traveled Release Challenge.

Journal Entry 10 by KarmelK from Jerome, Michigan USA on Monday, June 12, 2006
Bones came in the mail today. This is a well journalled book from nicolesinger that I traded a couple of handsome men and a bunch of animals to get. Not a very shrewd bargainer, I'm not. But if it gets me a catch, it'll be worth it. I'm not much into murder and mayhem, but I'll read a little bit and take it on a field trip to the cemetary. I'll let it visit a few other bones and then I'll gives this book it's freedom.
Thanks NS.
This book is being entered in the Well-Travelled Wild Release Challenge.

Journal Entry 11 by KarmelK at Ye Old Skull Tattoo on Mechanic downtown in Jackson, Michigan USA on Thursday, June 15, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (6/15/2006 UTC) at Ye Old Skull Tattoo on Mechanic downtown in Jackson, Michigan USA

In the door way of the Tattoo Parlour.
Please be kind to these OLD bones, guys.
For the Well Travelled Wild Release Challenge