Get Smart Once Again!

Registered by Catlass of Bellingham, Washington USA on 8/19/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Catlass from Bellingham, Washington USA on Thursday, August 19, 2004
If you're a fan of the old Get Smart series, you'll love this book. Listed on thebookcart.com.

Journal Entry 2 by Badgerjim from Augusta, Maine USA on Friday, January 07, 2005
I got this today when I picked up my mail after my Christmas trip. Thanks, catlass!

Journal Entry 3 by Badgerjim from Augusta, Maine USA on Monday, January 10, 2005
I'm an old Get Smart fan, and I enjoyed this novel based on the series. When I saw the cover, I realized that I had read another series tie-in by the same author over 25 years ago when I was a kid. That was kind of cool!
The novel reflects a typical sort of Get Smart adventure, dealing with a KAOS villain named Noman who can change the appearance of his face at will. Unlike a typical adventure, however, Agent 99 (I always did like 99...) only appears relatively briefly in this one. Instead, Max works with a female cryptographer named Peaches. I found her more annoying than amusing--I'd rather have had 99 there! Still, it's chock full of the silly humor and wordplay of the series and I'm glad I got to trade for it with catlass.

Journal Entry 4 by Badgerjim from Augusta, Maine USA on Tuesday, January 11, 2005
I sent this book from Vienna, Maine this morning to follygirl up in Ontario, Canada.

Journal Entry 5 by wingfollygirlwing on Tuesday, January 18, 2005
with thanks, a RABCK from BadgerJim from Maine.

This was a fun read. It brought back memories of sitting under the shade our old apple tree reading the short novels of Get Smart & Man from U.N.C.L.E. during hot August afternoons.

I will hold on to this book until I can release it in a proper Maxwell place.

Journal Entry 6 by wingfollygirlwing on Monday, September 26, 2005
R.I.P Donald James Yarmy. 1923 - 2005

I will release this as a bookring in the memory of Don Adams.

1. gothamgal ( Ohio)
2. carlissa ( Florida)
3. caligula03 ( California)
4. PalmersPal ( California)
5. goodthinkingmax (Australia)
6. kizmias (Portugal)
7. follygirl (Canada back to me)

Journal Entry 7 by gothamgal on Wednesday, October 19, 2005
rec'd as part of a ring in the mail. Can't wait to read it!

Journal Entry 8 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 22, 2005
I received this book in the mail today - thanks everyone for sending this out! I used to watch Get Smart when I was a kid, but I didn't realise that there were Get Smart books! I am about to finish up another bookring book, then I'll start on this one.

Journal Entry 9 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Wednesday, December 14, 2005
I enjoyed reading this book! It brought back fond memories of the Get Smart show.

Will send off to caligula03 tomorrow.

Journal Entry 10 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Tuesday, December 20, 2005
The book is here! I look forward to reading it over the Christmas holiday.

Journal Entry 11 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Thursday, December 29, 2005
Silly book! I think I know what sorts of books Dan Brown was reading as a kid. LOL!!!

I liked the word play and the Doom's Day Plan list that could be made to mean pretty much anything at the time it was important to the plot. It was the perfect book to read on a lazy post-Christmas day.

Journal Entry 12 by caligula03 at on Thursday, December 29, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (1/16/2006 UTC) at

Mailing to PalmersPal.

Journal Entry 13 by PalmersPal from Ramona, California USA on Saturday, January 21, 2006
I got this in the mail today. I am really looking forward to reading it. I'm in the middle of another book right now and I'll read this when I'm done with it. Thank you so much for sending this to me. It will be a nice, fun read after the book I'm reading now.

Journal Entry 14 by PalmersPal from Ramona, California USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Okay, I finally finished my other book and have started to read this one. It reads pretty quickly, so hopefully it won't take me too long. It sounds like I'm watching the show.

FROM THE BACK COVER:
First, Get Smart!, then Sorry Chief
Now Get Smart Once Again

Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 for Control, has often been confronted by the Forces of Evil. But never before has he been involved in such a vast panorama of intrigue, with the fate of the Free World hanging on his every move.

In Max's possession is the coded KAOS Dooms Day Plan, the only copy in existence, and it is up to him to break the code, decipher the Plan, and save the world from destruction. And this terrifying task must be done on the run, for I. M. Norman, KAOS's master spy, is in pursuit, intent on retrieving the Plan so it can be carried out!

With Peaches Twelvetrees, the beautiful blonde cryptographer, to aid him, Max sets forth for New York, Moscow and Peking, desperately trying to find the key to the brilliantly intricate code while eluding the nefarious Norman, whose India rubber face allows him to change his appearance at will.

Will Max at last be foiled by the evil schemers? Will KAOS snatch back the Dooms Day Plan before its dread secret is revealed? Or will Max, once again, outSmart his enemies and save humanity? The Free World awaits the answer.

Journal Entry 15 by PalmersPal from Ramona, California USA on Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Okay, I finally mailed this book off to Australia. I sent it surface, so it will take some time to get there, but I did mail it. I really enjoyed reading this book. I am so glad that I got to meet Don Adams in person and get his autograph for my collection. Sending this book on a book ring in his honor was a nice tribute follygirl! Thanks.

Journal Entry 16 by goodthinkingmax from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, February 22, 2006
You may have sent it surface mail PalmersPal but someone stuck an airmail sticker on and the book is here in Sydney already!

I love Get Smart as you can tell from my BC name. Also have cats called Max and 99! I am so excited about the dvds of the series being released later this year. Much less excited about the Hollywood movie in the making.

I have 5 of these Get Smart books and this is the one I could never track down so I was very happy when I discovered the bookring. Thanks follygirl. I will read it soon and then send it off to Portugal.

Journal Entry 17 by goodthinkingmax from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, March 19, 2006
Thanks for the opportunity to read this. Nothing special about the writing of course but so many special memories of the show and Don Adams. Missed 99 in this one as she was only present at the beginning and end.

I will send it off to Portugal as soon as I have the address.

Journal Entry 18 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, April 10, 2006
Got it today, thanks goodthinkingmax. Still one to go before I start on this one.

Journal Entry 19 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, April 21, 2006
Maxwell Smart is one of the best spy characters ever created. Unlike 007 with his suave moves and fancy looks, Max is clumsy and plain looking, the only common factor between those two is that everybody knows they are secret agents, now in the real world that might have been a drawback for their careers but we (the avid fans) let it pass.
This book is a very fun read and as I read along I kept picturing the whole thing like it was… well, like it was a Get Smart episode.
Glad I could join this BRing.
RIP Don Adams, we’ll never forget the laughs and good mood you brought once a week.
I’ll be passing it along to follygirl in the beginning of May, since she’s coming to Lisbon for a short visit.

Journal Entry 20 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Get Smart Once Again has returned to me via Kizmiaz. The book was dropped off at the Marriot Hotel in Lisbon and I brought it home to Canada.
thanks to all participants in this bookring.

CAUGHT IN HAMILTON VIA LISBON ONTARIO CANADA

Journal Entry 21 by wingfollygirlwing on Tuesday, May 09, 2006
sorry , for some reason I was not logged in and my journal entry ( above) was posted as AnonymousFinder.

Journal Entry 22 by wingfollygirlwing on Friday, May 12, 2006
Max is on his way to Australia! Will mail on May 15/06.