At the Bay

by Katherine Mansfield | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingAnneliswing of Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 8/15/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingAnneliswing from Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, August 15, 2004
A book of minimal size - a real pocket book!

Back cover:
When their father goes away to town, a seaside summer's holiday begins in earnest for the Burnell children. So it does for their mother, grandmother, aunt and serving-maid, each released into her chosen form of daydream or adventure.

In this brilliantly evocative portrait of a place and a family, Katherine Mansfield shows her virtuoso mastery of both technique and feeling.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, October 09, 2013
This is a charming little novel or short story! It took quite a few years before I came to reading it - far too many.

This is my # 97 (120) in
"REDUCE MOUNT TBR 2013" Challenge arranged by Dove-i-Libri.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 27, 2013
Such a tiny little book, couldn't help picking it up at the meet up we had today at the Helsinki Book Fair. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, July 02, 2018
Beautifully written day-in-a-life short story that evokes days gone by. I especially liked Mansfield's language and dialogue. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, July 02, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (7/3/2018 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Off to the winner of the Maritime sweepstakes. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, July 15, 2018
Thank you, well received!
I love Ms Mansfield's short stories, I am sure that I will enjoy reading this one. :)