Acqua Alta

by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Ally1665 of Silsden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/12/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Ally1665 from Silsden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 12, 2004
picked up in a charity shop. looks good.

Journal Entry 2 by Ally1665 from Silsden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 24, 2004
Enjoyed this quite a lot

Journal Entry 3 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 26, 2011
This author has been recommended to me as a really good read plus I am off to Venice at the end of October.

Journal Entry 4 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 20, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (1/20/2012 UTC) at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

I must have forgotten to do release notes as I know that I gave this book to MissMarkey to read.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmissmarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 12, 2012
Thanks Witchy. I enjoyed this after a trip to Venice in Oct 2012. Now taking to Dublin Convention in April.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmissmarkeywing at Camden Court Hotel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (4/13/2012 UTC) at Camden Court Hotel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

Welcome to the World Bookcrossing Convention in Dublin, April 2012.

Journal Entry 7 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Ha, ha, good swap! I'm reading them in order, not sure where this one comes on the list, I'll check it later.

Journal Entry 8 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Finally got around to reading this one. It's number 5 in the series if anyone is reading in order, although so far I don't think it makes too much difference to the storyline. As with most series these books definitely improve as you grow more accustomed to the main characters.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (2/12/2015 UTC) at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...
By mail to France.

Journal Entry 10 by bluenoser at Eymet, Aquitaine France on Monday, February 16, 2015
Thank you so much for sending a couple of Donna Leon books to France Cassiopaeia. I love her Commissario Guido Brunetti series and don't mind reading them out of order at all. I'll pass it on when I've read it.

Journal Entry 11 by bluenoser at Eymet, Aquitaine France on Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Another great Commissario Brunetti police story. This one gives a real taste of what Venice feels like in winter, when it rains so hard umbrellas are useless, boots fill up with cold water and the whole city becomes a cold, wet place, difficult to get around.
These books have wonderful characters in them and a story that keeps you turning the pages after midnight (like I did last night).
I have an old friend, who has recently discovered Donna Leon's books. I'll save this one for him.
Thanks to the readers before me for passing this on, especially Cassiopaeia for sending this to France.