The Godfather

by Mario Puzo | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BelleMorte of Tuscaloosa, Alabama USA on 8/9/2004
Journal Entry 1 by BelleMorte from Tuscaloosa, Alabama USA on Monday, August 09, 2004
I read this after I had fallen in love with the movie, and was very suprised how closley the movie followed the book. I have never seen a better film adaptation. Anyway, pretty much everyone know the story so i won't go into it, but this is a kick ass book.

Journal Entry 2 by BelleMorte at -- Controlled Release in Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (2/22/2005 UTC) at -- Controlled Release in Mississauga, Ontario Canada

hope you enjoy!

+kil+

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 04, 2005
Received this today! Looking forwards to reading it.
Thanks for the postcard.

I've actually never seen the movie, so don't really know the story.

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, January 08, 2013
The book that inspired the classic movie The Godfather tells the story of the Corleone family from Sicily, now the most powerful family in New York. The Godfather is Don Vito Corleone, a tough and yet fair mob boss with three boys Fred, Sonny, and Mike and a daughter Connie. The Tattaglia family approaches the Corleones with the Turk Sollozzo about starting in to the drug trade but the Don isn't interested. Before Sollozzo leaves, Sonny opens his mouth and asks about how much money they could make. This act eventually gets the Don shot multiple times because the Tattaglia family believes with the Don out of the way, Sonny will join their business venture. All this does is create war between the families.

During war time, the family must come together and split apart as traitors are found. The youngest son, Mike, who was not supposed to be part of the family business ends up being deeply involved in the struggle for power.

I have never seen the movie before so there were surprises for me in this book. Reading the book definitely makes me want to see the movie. Despite this, there were some slow parts of the book. The whole Las Vegas part of the book I felt lacked in excitement and was only there so that a small piece could be tied up in the end of the book. Furthermore, just as the action was getting exciting near the end, there is a short break to explain who one of the new characters was! It was frustrating to say the least. The book perfectly describes the cool calculation you need to be a mobster.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 20, 2013
This book is with me:)

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 21, 2013
This book is back with me. Unfortunately my mom (AceofHearts) didn't get a chance to read this before she passed away.

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (12/15/2013 UTC) at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.