The Birth of Venus

by Sarah Dunant | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Atenea-Nike on 8/8/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Atenea-Nike on Sunday, August 08, 2004
Yesterday a friend needed a new book because hers was about to finish, and today being sunday she wanted to buy it yesterday, so we went to a bookshop. I was simply acompanying her, yet... I ended up buying three books! This one and these other two:
-Eric, Terry Pratchett
-The Piano Tuner, Daniel Mason

The bookshop was empty, because we're currently celebrating the yearly festivities in honor of the city's patron saint, the White Virgin. Amidst all the music, alcohol and partying it seems almost a sin to buy *books* :)

Journal Entry 2 by Atenea-Nike on Sunday, August 15, 2004
An enjoyable read. Located in the reinassance Florence, this book tells us of the life of Alessandra Cecchi, a well educated, inteligent girl, somewhat rebellious although shy and innocent.
The book starts with her death in a convent, and on reading that I thought "oh well, now I know it ends bad. Blegh." Yet after reading it her death in the convent has a feeling more of completion than of sadness, although it is of course somewhat sad, too.
Anyway, I don't think I'll keep it - I'll see if it's in someone's wishlist, or bookrelay it, or...

Journal Entry 3 by Atenea-Nike at mail in mail, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Released 15 yrs ago (10/13/2004 UTC) at mail in mail, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

Mailed a week ago to PreciousArwen

Journal Entry 4 by CenouraDoLado from Seixal, Setúbal Portugal on Wednesday, October 13, 2004
What a good sin... to buy new books! :)
It arrived this week, it has a beautifull front cover and it goes strait to my permanent collection...
Thank you very much Atenea. I also enjoed the leaflet you sent with the book. I'm a great fan of Galiza, Coruña and Donostia but I'm affraid I don't really know the beauties of your province. I will pay attention to that and, who know, I will visit you one day. My grandmother is spanish and I feel very attached to your culture.