The Cement Garden

by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 8/4/2004
Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 04, 2004
Purchased from ebay with three other Ian McEwan books. I'm really looking forward to reading this one as I thoroughly enjoyed 'Atonement', the only McEwan I've read so far.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, August 02, 2012
I enjoy McEwan's dark explorations into the sibling relationship and this one was darker than most. The story wove out slowly, tempting me with a desire for it to be more sordid and explicit. Part way through this book, I vaguely remember having seen it as a movie but now I'm doubting myself as it's seriously dark and strange territory; did they really make a film of it?

Anyway great characterisation, disturbing material and an interesting story come together to form a twistedly good read.

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at Knockfarrel in Strathpeffer, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (8/2/2012 UTC) at Knockfarrel in Strathpeffer, Scotland United Kingdom

Left in the maze after walking up Knocfarrel and Cnoc Mor.