Family Inheritance

by Deborah Leblanc | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingjarewing of Port Richey, Florida USA on 8/9/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Monday, August 09, 2004
From the back cover:

The dark, impenetrable bayous of Louisiana are filled with secrets that can never be revealed and mysterious forces that can never be understood. Nightmares live there. Jessica LeJeune left Louisiana, but she brought some of those mysterious forces with her--and now she's being called back home to her Cajun roots to confront a destiny she could not escape and a curse she might not survive.

Jessica's younger brother, Todd, has descended into a world of madness. His shattered mind is now the plaything of an unimaginable evil, an unstoppable entity with cruel plans for both Jessica and Todd. But Jessica is not alone in her battle to save her brother's soul. For deep in the misty bayous, in an isolated wooden shack, lives the one person who is their only hope...

*****

I've been anticipating this for a while now, so was overjoyed when my Leisure Horror shipment came today! Miss LeBlanc, a fellow member of Horrorlit, has hyped this book up enough.. now if I can only find the time to read it!

*** UPDATE 05-25-06

I am so glad I finally got around to reading this book. LeBlanc's characterizations are very vivid. There are some truly creepy moments, and the suspense and buildup to the climax really kept me turning the page. I found this one pretty hard to put down.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing at Fairfield Marriott on East Harvard in Aurora, Colorado USA on Saturday, May 27, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (5/27/2006 UTC) at Fairfield Marriott on East Harvard in Aurora, Colorado USA

Left on the popcorn machine, first floor.