Spadework

by Timothy Findley | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BunzerVerleyen of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 7/26/2004
Journal Entry 1 by BunzerVerleyen from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 26, 2004
touted as the book that timothy findlay was meant to write, there were two things that I found interesting about the book. it is set in southern ontario, near where I grew up, and the setting is captured perfectly. the other is the chain of events that can occur from a simple act. the ripples in a pond effect. the premise of the book is that an errant spade severs a phone cable, and in the end people die as a result. boy, maybe that person should have called before they dug. the book is kind of full of itself.

Journal Entry 2 by BunzerVerleyen at Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, August 23, 2004
Released on Monday, August 23, 2004 at Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) at Reading Table in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

supposedly timothy findley's best work, but not my favorite. however, if you are familiar with southern ontario, it will strike a cord for its scenery