The Color Purple

by Alice Walker | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingcrimson-tidewing of Balingup, Western Australia Australia on 7/24/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, July 24, 2004
Fantastic book. Moving and compelling and well written. "A celebration of liberation, joy and redemption."

Was made into a popular film by a young Steven Spielberg and helped to set Whoopi Goldberg on her way as an actor.

Different cover art.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, November 13, 2005
Sending to lmn60; I hope you enjoy it.
Posting tomorrow.

Journal Entry 3 by winglmn60wing from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Thanks for the book, crimson-tide. This one is reserved for my 2006 'banned books' release challenge. I read it ages ago and look forward to rediscovering it!

Journal Entry 4 by winglmn60wing from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 09, 2007
Baaad bookcrosser, lmn60! This one languished on Mt To-Be-Read for over a year.... I read and enjoyed this ages ago and as my own pile of reading for 2007 is well out of control, I'll release this where hopefully another reader will find and enjoy it!

Released 12 yrs ago (2/9/2007 UTC) at Strugnell Cole Hairdressing, Coventry Street in South Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Will probably leave on the magazine pile....