The Eight

by Katherine Neville | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by emmafiles of Murrumba Downs, Queensland Australia on 7/23/2004
Journal Entry 1 by emmafiles from Murrumba Downs, Queensland Australia on Friday, July 23, 2004
I read this as a teenager and loved it, then I spent years trying to track down another copy. Eventually I found this, battered but I have contacted it and is all good now!
On second reading, it wasn't as good, but this is still an interesting and quick to read book, despite it's size.
The main characters are involved in a century-old chess game, of which they are the pieces. In some ways it reminds me of The DaVinci Code and even of Tomb Raider.
A good mystery.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, August 23, 2004
Arrived safely today. Looks fascinating and I'm looking forward to reading it - but may be awhile before it hits the top of the pile!
Thanks Felicia-Fairy, and thanks also for the bookmark.

Edited to add (much later) that I've discovered Felicia-Fairy has changed her screen name to emmafiles.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (1/15/2018 UTC) at Balingup, Western Australia Australia

Oh oh! Just emerged into the light of day after being buried in the bookcase for far too long. Hope this is your style - sounds like a ripper of a tale.

Journal Entry 4 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Thursday, January 18, 2018
Sounds like my style. Adding to Mt TBR.