corner corner Stupid White Men ...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation! (T)

Journal Entry 1 by glorifiedcow on Saturday, August 03, 2002

Having really enjoyed Roger & Me and TV Nation, I had high hopes for this book. I found it humourous in parts, but ultimately felt it was just a forum for Moore's complete hatred for anyone slightly less liberal than him - by the end of the book I got the feeling Republicans could have feed, clothed and housed every poor person in America and Moore still would have found reasons to moan about them.

Maybe I've been away from America too long too appreciate the book or maybe I shouldn't have read it so soon after September 11. Whatever - I came away disappointed.

Journal Entry 2 by glorifiedcow on Wednesday, September 25, 2002

Sent to Rubyblue in the Netherlands

Journal Entry 3 by DTH-272697 on Sunday, October 06, 2002

I requested this book from Glorified Cow, and she sent it, along with Girl with Pearl Earring, right away. So, I "found" it in my mailbox. Although not what I expected from the title (thought it might be about relationships...stupid white me), it looks quite interesting...I always thought I was the only one who saw the emperor was naked.

Journal Entry 4 by DTH-272697 on Monday, December 02, 2002

I mailed this book to a BookCrosser in Philadelphia, PA a few days ago, so I hope he will get it in 3-4 weeks. I rather enjoyed the book. Michael Moore seems to have substantiated a lot of things I have felt were true for a long time, but had no real evidence about.

Journal Entry 5 by rdv1224 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Got this little surprise from Rubyblue and will read and pass it along soon. Thanks