Are You Dave Gorman?

Registered by Vroomfondel of Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 7/23/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Vroomfondel from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 23, 2004
A really funny book. How a drunken bet in a bar in London lead to two hungover men getting an early morning train to Scotland then led to two very silly men travelling around the world.

Updated 30 July: On its way, as a RABCK, to allysther as she had it on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 2 by allysther from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, September 25, 2004
Ahhhh, the sound of an envelope in the mailbox. A quick jog to the front door lets me know that I will get no housework done this weekend. I am on page 4 and have already reorganised my day to get some extra reading done.

Thank you, Gothmarcus, for sending the book to me. You have brightened what was looking like a dreary day, and you have placed a long sought after book in my happy little hands. Thank you thank you thank you.

Update:
Wat a fun book! I had a marvelous time reading Dave Gorman's adventures. I had just as much fun convincing a friend that she *had* to read it. She'd never heard of the book, so it took some doing, but I know she will enjoy herself.

Thanks again, Gothmarcus!

Journal Entry 3 by wingghirwing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, October 18, 2004
Received from allysther. Looks wacky. Thanks!

This was hilarious. Both the story and the writing were funny.

Journal Entry 4 by allysther at Kewalo Basin Net Shed in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 16, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (10/30/2016 UTC) at Kewalo Basin Net Shed in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

To be released Saturday, October 29, at the Happy Holly-Day party.

This book is released in memory of BookCrosser purple58, who wanted all of her books to find good homes after she was gone. Please feel free to read it, keep it, pass it on...whatever you wish. If you have something to say about the book, or a memory to share about Holly, please feel free to post it here: she was never shy about sharing her opinions, so she wouldn't expect any less.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let the book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, November 22, 2016
This book was found in the library of Purple58, a very special woman whom I was fortunate enough to meet through our BookCrossing group, the Table of Contents.

Fiercely independent, with a loving heart and a wicked sense of humor, she was passionate about the things she believed in and was willing to stand up and be counted when necessary. She was truly a one of a kind individual, and she will be missed by all of her many friends...who prefer to believe that she's off in Vegas, having a fabulous time and eating as many desserts as she wants.

This book followed me home from purple58's wonderful send-off - it was a terrific party and I think she would have been very pleased with it.

This book will be heading out soon in honor of a special woman who, like many BookCrossers, had a very impressive number of books. It's too bad she didn't journal more of them, because when she did, she always had something interesting to say.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, December 16, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (12/15/2016 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Looking for new readers: destination Ohio!

USPS Tracking 9549 0104 3303 6350 1196 04
ETA 1/4/16

Released for DragonGoddess's What's in a Name challenge and my D for December challenge.

Journal Entry 7 by Tribefan at Lakemore, Ohio USA on Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Thank you so much for sending! This book will be released at the Akron Reading Festival on Feb. 4th at the downtown public library in Akron, OH by The Rubber City Book Posse!

Journal Entry 8 by Tribefan at Akron Reading Festival in Akron, Ohio USA on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (2/4/2017 UTC) at Akron Reading Festival in Akron, Ohio USA

Released at the Akron Reading Festival, held at the downtown Akron Public Library on February 4th 2017! Look for the Rubber City Book Posse!

Bookcrossing: n. the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise.
- from the Concise Oxford English Dictionary

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry on the BookCrossing site (www.bookcrossing.com) to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Tribefan. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.