Naming the Spirits

by Lawrence Thornton | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BigJohnLefty of Des Moines, Iowa USA on 7/19/2004
Journal Entry 1 by BigJohnLefty from Des Moines, Iowa USA on Monday, July 19, 2004
Found at Waukee Library used book pile. Plan to read soon.

Journal Entry 2 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Friday, August 30, 2013
Well, first of all, I'm glad to have gotten around to reading a book I've been sitting on for nine years now..... am trying to go through Mt. TBR and cull out the oldest stuff I have.
First of all, this is another one of those "I'm sure glad I majored in Spanish and had to take all those literature classes, because, even though they didn't help me as far as learning how to teach high school kids another language, they sure come in handy now, for helping to understand conditions in Latin American countries" books. I remembered following events in Argentina's "dirty war" and knew about the "desaparecidos" (missing ones), but some of the stark descriptions in this book were a bit unsettling; but again some of the duty of good writing is to shake you up once in a while.

will release soon.....

Journal Entry 3 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (9/3/2013 UTC) at Des Moines, Iowa USA

Am sending this to bookczuk to stock in one of her OBCZs in Charleston, SC. Hope this finds a good home!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookczukwing at Charleston, South Carolina USA on Sunday, September 08, 2013
Received courtesy of the USPS from BigJohefty. This will go out soon, to one of our OBCZs. Thank you! Stay tuned....

Released 5 yrs ago (9/11/2013 UTC) at Muddy Waters Coffee Bar 1739 Maybank Hwy at Folly in Charleston, South Carolina USA

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, there may be local BookCrossers who meet regularly in your area. Come join us!