The Wish List

by Eoin Colfer | Children's Books |
Registered by DEESSE of Erstein, Alsace France on 7/13/2004
Journal Entry 1 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Tuesday, July 13, 2004
From the back cover:
Meg is too good for hell and too bad for heaven.
Cast out of her own home after her mother's death, Meg is a drifter, a troublemaker. But after a botched attempt to rob an old man, Meg ends up in a very sticky situation. Her soul is up for grabs as the divine and demonic try every underhanded trick imaginable to claim it. Meg's only chance to redeem herself is to help the old man she robbed fulfill his list of last wishes... before time runs out.

Something I found about this book (can't remember where, I copied it on a piece of paper):
An unforgettable tale of life, death and an unexpected hereafter. Meg Finn is in trouble. When her first-ever real crime goes horribly wrong, Meg finds herself caught in a deadly dispute between Heaven and Hell. Her soul is up for grabs and every saint and demon between God and Satan wants to claim it. Meg has one chance to tip the scales in her favour, but it's a long shot. She must help an old man fulfil his "Wish List". Not an easy task when you're not even tangible! But with St Peter standing firm at the pearly gates, Meg has no choice but to try.

Journal Entry 2 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, March 10, 2008
Thanks to mallary who wanted to trade this book with me (both her daughters want to read it), I read it earlier than planned - and I didn't regret it at all and read it rather quickly!

I just love Eoin Colfer's funny way of writing, all linked with some really good topics - some passages even made me shed a tiny tear!

Here are some quotations which I found really funny:

"Lowrie did not jerk backward in shock. He jerked backward because the careering chair flipped his cane from under him. He went down in a heap, grasping at the bookcase as he fell. Not a good move, really. The top-heavy shelving teetered past the correctable angle and crashed down on the old man." (p.43) (Note that I don't find funny what happens to poor old Lowrie, but the way it's described!)

"'Okay, boss,' said Belch compliantly, thinking that he'd be off like a bullet as soon as this elevator spat him out on planet Earth. Sayonara, hell, and farewell, stumpy demon in the girly dress.
'It's a kaftan,' said Beelzebub coolly.
'Woof,' croaked Belch. Seemingly his quadruped side dominated in times of stress.
'That's right,' continued hell's Number Two. 'I can read minds. Only weak ones, granted, but you're smack-bang in the middle of that category. Don't even think about escape, (...)'" (p. 62)

"'Oh, do you hear him, with his 'madam'. Yer a real smoothie. Like that fellow Sean Connery. Only ugly.'" (p. 160)

Reserved (as part of a book trade) for mallary!

Edit 11.03.08:
On its way to mallary and her daughters - enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Mallary from Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Thursday, March 13, 2008
Thanks very much for the book trade!
I can't wait for my girls to get home from school now so I can give them the books.
The Kite Runner and The Wedding are reserved for you.

Journal Entry 4 by moonpixie on Friday, March 14, 2008
Thank you very much, I can't wait to read it! ^_^
My TBR Pile now has eight books on it.

Journal Entry 5 by moonpixie on Sunday, May 10, 2009
I thought this was a great book, now passing it on to my sister lillykai.

Journal Entry 6 by lillykai from Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Monday, May 11, 2009
This book my have been a bit young for me but I thought it was a great story!
I really, really enjoyed it.

Reserved for waderwomans daughter.

Released 11 yrs ago (6/5/2009 UTC) at from France to the UK, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy the books! :o)

Journal Entry 8 by waderwoman on Sunday, June 21, 2009
Thanks so much for this book- my daughter was very excited to receive it along with the others and the scrummy chocolate!
This is next in line on her Mt TBR

Journal Entry 9 by waderwoman at on Sunday, June 06, 2010
DD really enjoyed this, I shall attempt to see if its on anyones wishlist although that may be a bit tricksy at the mo as the site is in such turmoil!

Journal Entry 10 by waderwoman at John Lewis in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, March 04, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (3/4/2011 UTC) at John Lewis in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

If you are reading this then you have found me!
Please do a journal entry-Thanks xx

Left propped up in the Ladies Loos.

#1 Celebrate the Irish release