Thanksgiving

Registered by toefte of Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 7/9/2004
Journal Entry 1 by toefte from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, July 09, 2004
Thanksgiving is a novel about love, sex, death at midlife, and the power of the past. Anthony is a British journalist whose American wife, Lucy, has suddenly died. Grieving and haunted, he becomes obsessed with her youth and the years he missed before he met her. To find out more, he travels to a remote part of the Nevada desert to meet Lucy's first husband. Their encounter is the beginning of a journey that takes him to the edge of madness and into the corners of the human heart. It is a journey in which he is never at peace and never far from the woman he still loves.

'Never has Dibdin's polished prose been so probing and delicate, and I defy anyone to feel unaffected.' Guardian

'A marvellous, unexpected novel which delivers satisfaction hot on the heels of its surprises.' Literary Review

-----
I don't really remember when or where I bought this book. But it must be some time ago, because I was surprised to find it in my bookshelf. So, I didn't read it until now, and I don't feel the need to read it in the future... I think that is one of the best reasons to make it a bookcrossing book. *g*

If you want to read it. Feel free to email me.

Journal Entry 2 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Saturday, May 07, 2005
Picked this up at the Friday night meal of the Basel Meetup!

Journal Entry 3 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, May 26, 2005
I enjoyed this book, even though it's not my normal choice of book. Anthony is mourning Lucy, and meet her first husband Allen. The power of this triangle echoes throughout the book. A modern take on the 'ghost' story. Beautifullly and sensitively written.

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, May 26, 2005
I will be sending this book to Herschelian as part of the Hampstead Heath "The Writer" Release Challenge.

Journal Entry 5 by Herschelian from Beijing 北京市, Beijing China on Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Received in the post from nice-cup-of-tea. To be released on June 26th as part of my "Writer" challenge on Hampstead Heath

Released 13 yrs ago (6/26/2005 UTC) at Hampstead Heath, "The Writer" sculpture in Hampstead, Greater London United Kingdom