From Our House: A Memoir

by Lee Martin | Parenting & Families |
Registered by FLstarfish of San Francisco, California USA on 6/25/2004
Journal Entry 1 by FLstarfish from San Francisco, California USA on Friday, June 25, 2004
Still in the midst of reading this book about a boy whose farmer father loses both hands in an accident. The author portrays a lot of the tension and emotion present in his home growing up. A good read, but a book I'm willing to set free.

Journal Entry 2 by FLstarfish from San Francisco, California USA on Tuesday, January 4, 2005
Sending as a surprise RABCK to ilios. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Ilios from Tampa, Florida USA on Friday, January 7, 2005
Wow... This is great, FLstarfish. I wasn't expecting it! Thanks for the book and for your kind card. I really appreciate it. I might take me a while to read this book, because I have a bunch of rings and rays in my hands, but I'll make sure I'll journal it more once I am done. This story seems very interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by Ilios at Tampa, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Can't believe this book was on my TBR pile for so long! It was my first read of 2019 and I will pass it along.
It was a poignant and honest narrative, describing how a terrible accident shapes the life of a family in its aftermath. The author has a wonderful voice and I look forward to reading more of his work.

Journal Entry 5 by Ilios at Courtyard Marriott in Melbourne, Florida USA on Saturday, February 23, 2019

Released 5 yrs ago (2/23/2019 UTC) at Courtyard Marriott in Melbourne, Florida USA

left on sitting area by the bar.

Enjoy!