Happy International BookCrossing Day!
It's a special day for BookCrossing and we hope you'll make it a good one. Ballycumber just posted a short message in the Announcements forum, you can read it here.

I Don't Know How She Does It: The Life of Kate Reddy, Working Mother

by Allison Pearson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by MandMsMom of Stamford, Connecticut USA on 6/23/2004
Journal Entry 1 by MandMsMom from Stamford, Connecticut USA on Wednesday, June 23, 2004
This is a library bookstore rescue. I actually read this book as an Advanced Readers Edition. (Which I destroyed by carrying it absolutely everywhere with me.) I liked this book. It was chick lit from a slightly unique perspective. Unlike most chick lit the heroine (Kate) is married and with children. As a mother of young children I could relate to her experiences and got many chuckles from it. On the other hand, as a stay at home mom, I found some of Kate's priorites askew. This is a fun read! I also enjoyed her relationship and interactions with her "Pegasus" driver. My husband drive's for a car service and I can see him having these same interactions so that was particularly funny for me.

This is my second copy.

Journal Entry 2 by mcbeth from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 13, 2004
Book arrived today, thank you so much MandMsMom! I'm looking forward to reading it and will journal again once I have read it and before releasing again.

Journal Entry 3 by mcbeth from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, July 6, 2006
This was a funny book and I enjoyed it for the lighthearted look at the life of working mothers. I could relate to some of the situations very much, although my own experiences have not been so extreme. I was disappointed in Kate's choices for most of the book but found myself cheering for her in the end.