Return to Galilee

Registered by appaloosatb of Rochester, Minnesota USA on 6/30/2004
Journal Entry 1 by appaloosatb from Rochester, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, June 30, 2004
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkayotewing from Champaign, Illinois USA on Sunday, September 19, 2004
This came in a box of misc genres as part of a book rescue project. I'm not going to be reading this one, so I'm setting it free. I think I'll put it in the local computer lab on campus, since I'm experimenting with releasing different genres there.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkayotewing from Champaign, Illinois USA on Monday, September 27, 2004
Decided I wanted to read this one, so I set a different religious book out at DCL.

This is a really interesting book. Basically, it takes different teachings of Jesus (Loaves & fishes, reading on the sabbath, the Samaratain woman) and looks at them in more plain language. I enjoyed the book considerably.

The chapters tied closely to specfic sections of the gospel I prefered to those that were more general. Looking at the Sermon of the Mount was better than talking about parables in general.

A fresh look at parts of the Gospel by learned & literate authors.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkayotewing at Engineering Hall: 1308 W. Green St. in Urbana, Illinois USA on Thursday, July 26, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (7/26/2018 UTC) at Engineering Hall: 1308 W. Green St. in Urbana, Illinois USA

Sitting on the ledge above the water fountain on the 2nd floor.

This has been in my permanent collection for years. After moving (and having a flood--this book not involved, but so much hauling stuff up stairs) I'm re-evaluating and letting more things go. I'm not likely to read this book again (at least not in the near or medium term, based on the size of my to-be-read-the-first-time pile), so setting it free for someone else. I enjoyed it, I don't need to keep it.

EH is full of offices full of Bible quotes, so it seemed a good place to release it. Lots of different people looking to broaden their mind come through as well.

Enjoy!