Enigma

by Hopkins Harris | History |
ISBN: 0099992000 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Drusillamac of Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on 6/19/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Drusillamac from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, June 19, 2004
Got this in a charity jumble sale at work. Saving it for summer holiday reading!

Journal Entry 2 by Drusillamac from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 06, 2004
I'm afraid I didn't enjoy this book as much as Fatherland. It has a dry boring style and not many plot twists until the end. However I plan to release it so who knows what they might think of it?

Journal Entry 3 by Drusillamac at Caffe Nero, St. Vincent St in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Released 16 yrs ago (10/7/2004 UTC) at Caffe Nero, St. Vincent St in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom

Shall be left on one of the tables near the back.

Journal Entry 4 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 08, 2004
Fantastic, the first bookcrossing book I've found, and on the day I finally move back to Glasgow after 5 years down south.

I assumed I'd missed the book since it was released 2 days ago, but I found it stacked on the newspaper rack.

I've never read a Robert Harris book but I'll give it a go and journal again when I have.

Thank you, Drusillamac!

Journal Entry 5 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Change of plan - my fiance jjc was looking for a book to read so I've given him this one - I'm sure he'll enjoy it. I'll still have a go at reading it once he's finished with it.

Journal Entry 6 by JoeSoap from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 12, 2004
My fiancee caught this one but, since yesterday was my first day taking the bus to work, she thought I might like to read it.

Now on day 2 of the new bus routine and I'm already about 1/2 way through the book.

Not one I'd have bought (not my usual cup of tea) but I'm pleasantly surprised so far.

---

Ooops.. forgot to say that I've finished the book. Very good it was too. :)

Journal Entry 7 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, August 23, 2007
And nearly 3 years later, I actually get round to reading it. I liked it. I enjoyed the 1940s setting, I liked Hester, and it came to a reasonably satisfying conclusion.

Journal Entry 8 by drutt at Stirling Moto Services in Stirling, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, September 01, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (8/31/2007 UTC) at Stirling Moto Services in Stirling, Scotland United Kingdom

Left in a phone box.

Journal Entry 9 by A-Barracuda from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, September 02, 2007
Well I actually work at the Moto Services where "drutt" left this book and it had been handed in before I clocked in to start the nightshift. I didn't get the chance to start it but once I've had some sleep I intend to get started. I've never read anything by Robert Harris before, so here goes . . .