The Colour

by Rose Tremain | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by blueaero of Twickenham, Greater London United Kingdom on 6/13/2004
Journal Entry 1 by blueaero from Twickenham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, June 13, 2004
Well I bought and read most of The Colour on holiday in Spain although its set in New Zealand. We took a last minute holiday as we were going to go walking on Dartmoor but a mysterious 'training injury' a week before caused a rethink and we picked up this fantastic deal for a Villa with a private swimming pool and a car. During the sunny evenings I could sit on the edge of the pool, read, and occasionally take naked swims when it got too hot. Rose Tremains short episodic style sometimes gets a bit wearing if you try and read for long periods but is perfect for picking up and reading for a few minutes each day. Especially sitting naked on the edge of a pool!
Anyway I was doing fine until I got to the episode where the character, Harriet and a Chinese Gardner get it together in a bizarre act involving the Chinese Gardner taking out "his sex, which was erect, and then bending her leg and bringing her knee ..until her foot touched his penis and then starting to rub himself against her foot...The feel of his heavy sex against her instep..made Harriet gasp. No moment of her life had appeared to her as astonishing or as exquisite, or as overflowing with promise as this one."
Well I dont know if I found this strangely erotic but I had to jump in the pool fairly quickly. If there are any females out there who want to give this a go please let me know!!

Journal Entry 2 by blueaero at Twickenham Green in Twickenham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, June 13, 2004
Released on Sunday, June 13, 2004 at book bank at recyling point on twickenham green in Twickenham, England United Kingdom.