Bookbox Notebook

Registered by Scarlett17 of Bexley, Greater London United Kingdom on 6/12/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Scarlett17 from Bexley, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, June 12, 2004
This is the notebook which will travel around the UK with my first bookbox. Please make a journal entry for the notebook - that way I can trace the path of the box. I'm wrapping the box in brown paper to try to protect it and hopefully to stop the postman from using it as a football. Please would you each do the same, or if the box is getting a bit worn would you mind replacing it with a sturdier one for the next leg of its journey!

The mailing order is as follows:
1. Booklemur (London)
2. Seanan (London)
3. Miss-R (Surrey)
4. Caffcaff (Kent)
5. Redhouse (Felixstowe)
6. Arturogrande (Leicestershire)
7. Purple-pixie (Nuneaton)
8. Quizgirl (Chesterfield)
(9. DianeO (Chesterfield) Unable to contact)
10. Gerenggat (Gateshead)
11. Added new participant - Blum (Slough)
12. New - Jeweleee(Bolton)/Josh72uk (Bolton)
13. New- Sterile (Burnley)

14. back to me, Scarlett17 (Cardiff) Box is on its way home!!!

Please only journal the books you are taking from the box. (I'm releasing mine as Controlled Release, Postal release, to a fellow bookcrosser, but whether you choose to make release notes or not, and how, is up to you.)

The books going into the box to start its journey are as follows:

Malka by Mirjam Pressler
On the Edge of Darkness by Barbara Erskine
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Other Side of Silence by Natasha Mostert
A Judgement in Stone by Ruth Rendell

I hope everyone finds something they want to read in here, and I look forward to the box completing its journey in a few months time. Oh, and please remember to include the red bookbox notebook before you seal the box up! Thanks!

Journal Entry 2 by rem_DRO-922086 on Sunday, July 18, 2004

The bookbox should be on its way Wednesday at the latest. I took out The Remains of the Day and added an Agatha Christie and an extra surprise...

Journal Entry 3 by Seanan from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, July 26, 2004
How wonderful, to have a box of books delivered to one's door. Sadly, this time around, there was nothing for me in it - and the box is crammed so full, I can't even take advantage of opportunity, and relieve my shelves of a slender paper back.

Sending this on . . .

Journal Entry 4 by Miss-R from Lingfield, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, July 30, 2004
Got the bookbox in the post this morning. As it's my birthday tomorrow, it was like getting an extra present! I've chosen the books I want, replaced them, and will send the box on it's way...

Journal Entry 5 by AngelChild from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 25, 2004
Received this Book Box this morning from Miss-R in Surrey..... Thanks Scarlett17 for doing this :o)

Iv'e taken out :

Liza's England by Pat Barker
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
Honeymoon by Amy Jenkins

PM'd redhouse for her addy, will post on to her ASAP

Journal Entry 6 by AngelChild at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, August 25, 2004
Released on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox Controlled Releases.

Sending to redhouse (next on the list)

Journal Entry 7 by lellie from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 01, 2004
Arrived safely this morningm Many thanks to everyone.
Now the difficult bit, what to choose?
I'm going on holiday on Saturday so I need to choose quickly and get this back in circulation before I go.
Here goes.
Taken out
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
Liza's England by Pat Barker
Digital Fortress by Dan Brown (for Mr.Redhouse)

Replaced with
Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
Passing Go by Libby Purves
Captain Correlli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres

Journal Entry 8 by lellie from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, September 23, 2004
Now we areall back from holidays this will be on it's way to arturogrand tomorrow. 24/09/04

Journal Entry 9 by arturogrande from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 28, 2004
Arrived today - what a fabulous selection! many thanks to Scarlett17 for starting this bookbox off, and everyone in front of me for adding such great books.

I have taken out:

Midwives - Chris Bohjalian
Passing Go - Libby Purves
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath

I have added:

Memories of the Ford Administration - John Updike
The Future Homemakers of America - Laurie Graham
Native Tongue - Carl Hiaasen

I will now re-wrap the box and send it off to Purple-pixie.

Thanks again for giving me the chance to have a good delve in another good bookbox!

Journal Entry 10 by purple-pixie from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 11, 2004
It's here, and bursting with great books. Now, what do I take?

I'm so sorry I've kept this so long, life got severely in the way!

I've taken:

Fatherland by Robert Harris
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
Driving Over Lemons by Chris Stewart
Silk by Alessandro Baricco

On its way to Quizgirl as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 11 by quizgirl from Chesterfield, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 22, 2004
Received today. I intend to get it moving again ASAP and I'll add the details of what I've taken out and put in when I've decided.

Journal Entry 12 by quizgirl from Chesterfield, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 22, 2004
OK I've taken out
Silk by Alessandro Baricco
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
Driving Over Lemons by Chris Stewart

and added
Gas Station by Joseph Torra
Pooh and the Philosophers by John Tyerman Williams
Dumb Witness by Agatha Christie

Journal Entry 13 by quizgirl from Chesterfield, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 10, 2004
Several PM's were sent to DianeO without reply, so this box is now on its way to the next person, gerenggat.

Merry Christmas to everyone

Journal Entry 14 by gerenggat on Wednesday, December 15, 2004
It's here and it arrived on my birthday, what a nice surprise :-)

Released on Thursday, December 16, 2004 at about 1:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, Controlled Release Controlled Releases.

Moving on...

Journal Entry 16 by blum from Slough, Berkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 20, 2004
Arrived today. At first glance there's two books I shall be removing, will journal again when I've had a good rummage through though. I doubt I'll get this out before Christmas and not really sure I want to risk the last minute christmas post so will send on as soon as I can after.......

Have removed 3 books

The Queen of the Tambourine- Jane Gardam
The Birds and other stories- Daphne du Maurier
The Amityville Curse- Hans Holzer

Posted on 29 December.

Journal Entry 17 by jeweleee from Bolton, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, December 31, 2004
This has been delivered to me today, and I'm quite excited! Woop! Josh72uk doesn't fancy any of the books in it, there's a couple of the genres he likes but he's already read them so is passing this time. I'll not be able to post the box on again till after 15th January when it's payday, so I will make my choices just before then. Thanks for sharing these great books everyone and Happy New Year!

Journal Entry 18 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 19, 2005
It turned up early this morning. Great except the postie got his ear chewed. Whaaaaat! I said out of the landing window. 'Books, Mrs.' He said as he dumped it on the bench. Thankyou for passing on the box - just as I was getting desperate!

Journal Entry 19 by Sterile at on Monday, February 21, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (2/21/2005 UTC) at

The box is on it's way back to Cardiff and home today. Hope you enjoy the notebook and the collection of books!

Journal Entry 20 by Scarlett17 from Bexley, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 25, 2005
Yay! My bookbox is home! Thank you to everyone who took part. I hope you've all enjoyed it too. I now have a whole box of holiday reading, perfectly timed, so don't be surprised if any of your books are released while I'm away. Thanks again to all the participants and happy bookcrossing to you all!