The Virgin In The Garden

by A.S. Byatt | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by arturogrande of Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 6/6/2004
Journal Entry 1 by arturogrande from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 06, 2004
The first novel in the 'Frederica Quartet' series of books.

Frederica Potter is not the most likeable of central characters - she has a very high opinion of her own intellect and a tendancy to look down on other people - but I think that's the whole point.

Byatt's writing is lush and stunning.

Journal Entry 2 by arturogrande at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 21, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (5/21/2005 UTC) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Added to niccijl's Paperback Fiction Bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by Scarlett17 from Bexley, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Taken from niccijl's bookbox. I like to take from bookboxes something I wouldn't necessarily pick up in a shop. This book falls into that category.

Journal Entry 4 by Scarlett17 from Bexley, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Since I haven't got round to this book yet, but would still like to read it, I'm loaning this book to Wyjane who will be reading it with her book group. I'll then read it after her.

Journal Entry 5 by Scarlett17 from Bexley, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, April 30, 2006
This book has returned from its holiday in Hertfordshire. I will read it, really I will!

Journal Entry 6 by Scarlett17 at on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (11/13/2007 UTC) at

I'm not sure I'll ever get around to reading this book so it will be released at the London meetup this evening