The Beautiful Mystery: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel

by Louise Penny | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winggorydetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/21/2024
Journal Entry 1 by winggorydetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, June 21, 2024
I found this hardcover in this combination Little Free Library and geocaching TB Hotel in Amherst NH, and nabbed it for another release copy. (Also my first book registered using the newly-working book-lookup! Hooray!)

I first read this via a library copy, so I could find out what happens to poor Jean-Guy after the events of A Trick of the Light - and at first things looked lovely, but then evil, vicious, nasty, manipulative Francoeur shows up, and knows just what buttons to push to hurt Gamache in the worst way possible. Why is Penny so mean to her characters??? [Lovely story, though - and, unusually, with barely a mention of any of the Three Pines folk, replacing the art-appreciation subplots with music-appreciation in a remote monastery that's dedicated to its plainsong and other chants.]

The series continues with How the Light Gets In, one of my favorites.

Journal Entry 2 by winggorydetailswing at LFL -, Throne Hill Rd in Groton, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, June 23, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (6/23/2024 UTC) at LFL -, Throne Hill Rd in Groton, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

Released for: