Snow Falling on Cedars

by David Guterson | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by dsc of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 6/12/2024
Journal Entry 1 by dsc from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 12, 2024
In 1954 a fisherman is found dead in the nets of his boat, and a local Japanese-American man is charged with his murder. In the course of his trial, it becomes clear that what is at stake is more than one man's guilt. For on San Piedro, memory grows as thickly as cedar trees and the fields of ripe strawberries - memories of a charmed love affair between a white boy and a Japanese girl; memories of land desired, paid for, and lost. Above all, San Piedro is haunted by the memory of what happened to its Japanese residents during World War II, when an entire community was sent into exile while its neighbours watched.

Journal Entry 2 by dsc at Rosewood Little Free Library in Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/12/2024 UTC) at Rosewood Little Free Library in Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Hello!
If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome, and congratulations on finding this book! Enjoy reading the book, and I hope you will let us know what you thought. It is now yours to do with as you wish - keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so it can keep in touch with us. If you would like to know what happens to the book after it has left you, then do join - it's private and it's fun!
And if you do choose to join, please consider using me, dsc, as your referring member.
Happy Bookcrossing!