The Swiss Account

by Paul Erdman | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingLastCavalierwing of Springfield, Virginia USA on 5/18/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingLastCavalierwing from Springfield, Virginia USA on Saturday, May 18, 2024
The Swiss Account is an explosive inside look at Switzerland's financing of the Third Reich, and it gives us a Switzerland none of us have known. Due to its neutrality, Switzerland is the spy capital of Europe, but by 1945 our chief spymaster, Allen Dulles, is faced with a foe as ruthless as Himmler's SS - the Swiss banking establishment. Their vaults bulge with Nazi gold, the bloody plunder of Hitler's tyranny. With it the Germans are buying high-tech military hardware to create an atom bomb.
Dulles' job is to halt this profiteering and he dispatches three young recruits - Nancy Reichman, a beautiful American attache, Peter Burckhardt, Swiss heir to major banking interests, and Felicitas Burckhardt, a brilliant physicist - on a daring, top-secret mission to Bavaria.
They have three goals: to stop the shipments of Swiss arms to Germany, to sabotage the German atom bomb, and against all odds, to stay alive.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLastCavalierwing at Bohrer Park at Summit Hill Farm in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Saturday, May 18, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (5/18/2024 UTC) at Bohrer Park at Summit Hill Farm in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

This book is being released to the BookCrossing festival tables at the Gaithersburg book festival. This book was left there on purpose for you to find. Read and enjoy!

____________________________________________

Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate nat4lee referred you.