Don't Call Me Katie Rose

by Lenora Mattingly Weber | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingLastCavalierwing of Springfield, Virginia USA on 5/15/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingLastCavalierwing from Springfield, Virginia USA on Wednesday, May 15, 2024
Katie Rose Belford is in her first year at Adams High. She is intent on being called Kathleen and takes on a sophisticated image in order to impress Bruce Seerie, a star athlete of Adams High. "Kathleen's" emotions and finances become quite strained as she lives beyond her means. Does the pressure become too stressful?

Journal Entry 2 by wingLastCavalierwing at Bohrer Park at Summit Hill Farm in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (5/18/2024 UTC) at Bohrer Park at Summit Hill Farm in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

This book is being released to the BookCrossing festival tables at the Gaithersburg book festival. This book was left there on purpose for you to find. Read and enjoy!

____________________________________________

Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate nat4lee referred you.

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, May 26, 2024
This was left over after a rainy Gaithersburg Book Festival. When I saw the title, I had to pull it for Melydia. Her boyfriend sometimes calls her Katie. Sophia calls her Rose. Her real name is Katherine Rose. This book literally has her name on it. At least it is neither cold nor sassy.
ETA -- I just noticed the surname of the author -- makes it even better.

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, June 8, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/8/2024 UTC) at Silver Spring, Maryland USA

I know you are trying to get rid of books and not acquire more, but it literally had your name on it. What was I supposed to do?

Journal Entry 5 by wingMelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, June 14, 2024
This is amazing. All three of my names (though I spell it Katy) on a single book cover. What are the odds? (Probably pretty good, actually - my name isn't all that uncommon.) Anyway, while I got a good chuckle out of it, I am unlikely to read a random novel from 1964, so I shall pass it along. First, though, I must share the dedication:

TO MY NIECE, Loretto