The Tea Rose

by Jennifer Donnelly | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 5/9/2024
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Thursday, May 9, 2024
2002 Thomas Dunne trade paperback of the historical tale of 1888 East London, in which a young tea shop worker is forced to flee to New York following a family murder. I found this copy a couple days ago in the Forest Hill Little Free Library.

Edit May 28, 2024: This was good, but I just skimmed to end for time. It runs long. I currently have this ranked at #7433 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 2 wks ago (5/28/2024 UTC) at Little Free Library at 393 Hampton Road in Piedmont, California USA

... in the box.

Aside from loving shared books, my main passion in life is supporting the human rights work of my good friend, Anni Cyrus. đź’– đź’– Her life story of survival as a childhood refugee is astounding, and quite moving!