While I Was Gone>Tradesize<

by Sue Miller | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bookaholic2 of Wildwood, New Jersey USA on 6/4/2004
Journal Entry 1 by bookaholic2 from Wildwood, New Jersey USA on Friday, June 04, 2004
Jo Becker has everything a woman could desire: a loving spouse, contented children, and a nice dog or two. When her New England veterinary practice takes on a new client, however, her past comes back to haunt her. Long ago, it seems, Jo had escaped her family and identity for a commune in Cambridge. Her Aquarian illusions came to an abrupt, bloody end when one of her housemates was brutally murdered.
Now this unhappy era returns in the person of Eli Mayhew, who had been the odd man out in Jo's boho household. His appearance is both tantalizing and upsetting: "Inside, I slowed down. I felt numbed.All the while I was thinking of Eli Mayhew, and of Dana and Larry and Duncan and me, and our lives in the house. Of the horrible way it had all ended."

UP FOR TRADE

Journal Entry 2 by bookaholic2 from Wildwood, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, June 29, 2004
Released in trade,enjoy

Journal Entry 3 by piper1 from Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, July 04, 2004
Received yesterday in the mail from Bookaholic2 as part of a trade. Thank you, Bookaholic2, very much. It looks great. I'll read it soon and have it available for another trade or RABCK.

Thanks again.

Journal Entry 4 by piper1 from Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA on Monday, September 06, 2004
You can read the 1st journal entry for a summary of the book. It was a good book. I especially enjoyed the author & her husband relating to their grown children. They missed them terribly while they were gone, but when the "children" came back, the adults found themselves wanting to escape. It was hard for the main character, Jo, to relate to her children as adults and the changes it made in all of their lives.

Some of the book was a little wordy for me. I found myself skimming over a few pages instead of reading word for word.

All in all, a good, fast read.

This was a trade from another bookcrosser. I'd like to keep it going through more bookcrossers. Available for trade or RABCK

Journal Entry 5 by piper1 at Alverno College (details in notes) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA on Friday, April 16, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/16/2010 UTC) at Alverno College (details in notes) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Relased into the wild at Alverno