The Lake of Dreams

by Kim Edwards | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0670920290 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingMirfiwing of Woolloongabba, Queensland Australia on 4/21/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingMirfiwing from Woolloongabba, Queensland Australia on Sunday, April 21, 2024
Lucy Jarrett is at a crossroads in her life, still haunted by her father's unresolved death a decade earlier. She returns to her hometown in Upstate New York, The Lake of Dreams, and, late one night, she cracks the lock of a window seat and discovers a collection of objects. They appear to be idle curiosities, but soon Lucy realizes that she has stumbled across a dark secret from her family's past, one that will radically change her—and the future of her family—forever.

Released 3 wks ago (4/22/2024 UTC) at Qualtrough Street community library in Woolloongabba, Queensland Australia

I bought this book at the Jan 2024 Lifeline Bookfest. I had previously read The Memory Keeper's Daughter, which I loved. This was not as good. It was an OK story, but it didn't keep me turning the pages. Lots of overly descriptive passage and the characters were all a bit average.
Left this book in my local street library.