American Fairy Tales

by Dato Turashvili | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingdacejavwing of Tbilisi, Tbilisi Georgia on 4/17/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingdacejavwing from Tbilisi, Tbilisi Georgia on Wednesday, April 17, 2024
Collection of the stories told in first person by Dato Turashvili about times and acquaintances from his trip to the United States as The International Writing Program fellow.

American Fairy Tales is narrative nonfiction featuring very vivid characters from the author’s trip – other writers and their hosts. Storytelling style resembles a fairy tale, as according to the author, America itself is in between the fairy tale and reality.

Dato Turashvili is a bestselling Georgian author whose books are translated into 20 languages. Born in 1966, he studied literature, film and art history at Tbilisi, London and Madrid Universities. Most of
Dato Turashvili’s fiction is based on true events. His novel Flight from the USSR is a number-one bestseller in Georgia. Currently, he also works as a TV presenter and reviews new books on-air. He lives and works in Tbilisi.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdacejavwing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

======================

DEAR FINDER,

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing
dacejav (or any of the other journalers) as referring you.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAzukiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, May 11, 2024
This book caught my eyes at the book buffet. Maybe because the US don't really have fairy tales of their own. And then I noticed it's by a Georgian author, so I was totally keeping the book, as it will be very handy for my Eurovision readathon which I participate every year. Living in the US it's always a challenge to find something from the smaller countries (and there in lies the fun of the reading challenge, encouraging me to understand better the history and culture of different nations, not just the major ones I can easily fulfill the 666 challenge with).

Thanks so much for sharing! Look forward to seeing you again next year, wherever that may be... : )